• Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
vovkacg says

Hey guys, here is my recently uploaded item: http://videohive.net/item/a-touch-of-style/4069294

A number of sales is a real disappointment. In my view it has a good quality, I thought it would be really called-for. What’s wrong, I need some telling criticism.

Thanks.

702 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GrizzleFX says

I like the project, it reminds me of a magazine which is cool.

Here are my issues with it:

There’s not enough repetition: there needs to be a color scheme at least, and a font scheme if necessary. Personally I like the blue and yellow slide the best (it’s later in the preview).

I think you could do away with the iris’s: more is not necessarily better. In addition to this I think there are some other elements that could be removed, some scenes look a bit cluttered to me.

Hope this helps!

73 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
Permaloop says

Hi vovkacg,

I think you must give your item some time before coming to a conclusion.The design, camera motion,depth of field techniques,colors and your presentation are all top quality. People are using bookmarks of good items so they can purchase them in the future,the fact that your item looks like a magazine may not give you burst sales but it doesn’t mean that your item is not good or it has major flaws. I say be patient and good luck, I like the work you have done alot.

6781 posts
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

throw away those car photos. get some quality seminude girls/models from photodune. The music is nice but I’m not sure is the best choice

the problem with this is the preview.

399 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
vovkacg says

Thanks!

I like the project, it reminds me of a magazine which is cool.

Here are my issues with it:

There’s not enough repetition: there needs to be a color scheme at least, and a font scheme if necessary. Personally I like the blue and yellow slide the best (it’s later in the preview).

I think you could do away with the iris’s: more is not necessarily better. In addition to this I think there are some other elements that could be removed, some scenes look a bit cluttered to me.

Hope this helps!

This is what I had in mind while working on this stuff: different layouts with different design, I thought it could make any showcase more interesting. As for the iris – I agree, however there is a controller for this in the template. Thank you!

Hi vovkacg, I think you must give your item some time before coming to a conclusion.The design, camera motion,depth of field techniques,colors and your presentation are all top quality. People are using bookmarks of good items so they can purchase them in the future,the fact that your item looks like a magazine may not give you burst sales but it doesn’t mean that your item is not good or it has major flaws. I say be patient and good luck, I like the work you have done alot.

Thanks! Sure, I will wait, no chance that I will delete this item :)

throw away those car photos. get some quality seminude girls/models from photodune. The music is nice but I’m not sure is the best choice the problem with this is the preview.

Yeah, everyone likes girls :) I was thinking about it but the problem is that I don’t want to see any watermarks and lines in the preview since ‘VIDEOHIVE’ in the center of the video is pretty much enough. For now it’s my prior task to find a good photographer who can share some girls with me :) As for the music, I like it, that’s why it’s there. Thanks!

6781 posts
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

Yeah, everyone likes girls :) I was thinking about it but the problem is that I don’t want to see any watermarks and lines in the preview since ‘VIDEOHIVE’ in the center of the video is pretty much enough.

Just buy them. You get your investment back with one or two sales of your item.

399 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
vovkacg says

Yeah, everyone likes girls :) I was thinking about it but the problem is that I don’t want to see any watermarks and lines in the preview since ‘VIDEOHIVE’ in the center of the video is pretty much enough.
Just buy them. You get your investment back with one or two sales of your item.

Yep, I think I would buy a dozen of hi-res images with girls, they could be helpful

by
by
by
by
by
by