• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
Flash_Cart says

Howdy all,

Can you code WP themes from a layered, named .png file template.

The proceeds from our projects will be split 50/50 via PayPal once a month when ThemeForest payout occurs. (btw, I currently receive 61% per sale)

Additionally, I only use Fireworks to design, so you need to be able to slice and code from layered, named .PNG templates.

Please email me from my profile page if you are interested with samples of your latest work and include a US based phone number please.

Here’s an example of my Theme design work from last year while working on a mock Stock Marketplace.

Regards, Sean Sr.

512.588.3773 (Simply leave me a message with the best number to reach you at only after you send your portfolio or latest works to be reviewed to webart[at]live.com

1148 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

Are you sure about a 50/50 split? I’m working on my first theme, and the layered PNG took less than a week, slicing to html and css another week, and converting to WordPress over 4 months. Granted, most of that time was creating my own framework…

229 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
Pressateers says

Are you sure about a 50/50 split? I’m working on my first theme, and the layered PNG took less than a week, slicing to html and css another week, and converting to WordPress over 4 months. Granted, most of that time was creating my own framework…

With experience in creating frameworks a lot, I can say it doesn’t take that long to make a framework unless you’re slacking. Sorry mate – it takes about a month.

But to OP, between you and them there is about 19.51 to share. So each of you get $9.75 per sale – unfair for the developer who has to provide support, too.

1148 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
fillerspace says

With experience in creating frameworks a lot, I can say it doesn’t take that long to make a framework unless you’re slacking. Sorry mate – it takes about a month.

Haha…not slacking at all…the first time around takes longer, especially when you add in features that will make the next time much easier. I made all of the options panels xml driven, so that I can change all of the options pages in my next theme by changing the config xml. Adventurous buyers can do the same. This also made it easy to have preset configurations and let users save and upload their own. I also put all of my shortcode settings in an xml as well, which made the code much cleaner, and made the front end shortcode generator easy too…just json encode it and pass it to javascript. There are dozens of examples like that where I could have taken shortcuts now and gotten the theme done sooner, but taking an extra few days will pay off later. There is also one feature I’m including that has never been done before on any WordPress theme…that alone took me a month to do. So yeah I stand by my timeframe, but you’re right, next time will be faster.

229 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Pressateers says

Haha…not slacking at all…the first time around takes longer, especially when you add in features that will make the next time much easier. I made all of the options panels xml driven, so that I can change all of the options pages in my next theme by changing the config xml. Adventurous buyers can do the same. This also made it easy to have preset configurations and let users save and upload their own. I also put all of my shortcode settings in an xml as well, which made the code much cleaner, and made the front end shortcode generator easy too…just json encode it and pass it to javascript. There are dozens of examples like that where I could have taken shortcuts now and gotten the theme done sooner, but taking an extra few days will pay off later. There is also one feature I’m including that has never been done before on any WordPress theme…that alone took me a month to do. So yeah I stand by my timeframe, but you’re right, next time will be faster.

Have you been peaking over my shoulder? It seems like anything I come up with everyone else suddenly comes up with.. If I wasn’t busy freelancing I’d be getting my stuff out there :P Good luck mate

1148 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
fillerspace says

Have you been peaking over my shoulder? It seems like anything I come up with everyone else suddenly comes up with.. If I wasn’t busy freelancing I’d be getting my stuff out there :P Good luck mate

I do have a keylogger installed on your system, so I can see everything you type! I am hoping to get my theme submitted in the next few weeks, but I’m so busy working on the new Rush Limbaugh website at my day job (at ClearChannel). I want to be first to market with my exclusive feature and have a few months to milk it before everyone copies and/or independently develops similar functionality.

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

I do have a keylogger installed on your system, so I can see everything you type! I am hoping to get my theme submitted in the next few weeks, but I’m so busy working on the new Rush Limbaugh website at my day job (at ClearChannel). I want to be first to market with my exclusive feature and have a few months to milk it before everyone copies and/or independently develops similar functionality.

I’m pretty sure I have your exclusive feature already build into my framework :reallyevil:

903 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
Flash_Cart says

Well mates, here’s the first mock-up with several widgets and a modal contact form with validation. It also includes sorting and a “showcase” style slider which I have done in Flash, but would also like to offer the jQuery version.

1st PNG Template to be coded.

The png images are named, grouped, & layered. The template uses a “Master Page” for easy header footer consistency as mentioned in a recent Tuts+ Article.

738 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
Jar says

It actually might be very fair considering he is at 61% profit vs. the average 50%. Basically, you would be making a very very small amount MORE than a 60/40 on the average 50%.

1148 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
fillerspace says

It actually might be very fair considering he is at 61% profit vs. the average 50%. Basically, you would be making a very very small amount MORE than a 60/40 on the average 50%.

Good point if we’re assuming no support, though I still wouldn’t do it for anything less than 70/30 if support is involved.

by
by
by
by
by
by