• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Shellbot says

Greetings, oh WordPress experts!

I am looking for a gallery plugin that allows registered users on a WP site to upload images, preferably from the front end but if I need to teach them to use the admin panel then so be it. Site admins would create galleries, and then users can choose which of those to upload their image to.

The only plugin I really found was Photosmash but that’s out of date and no longer supported, so I’m kinda stuck.

Everyone just keeps suggesting nextGEN at me but unless I’m missing something it doesn’t have the option for regular users to upload stuff? Also it seems to break Simple:Press forum and I’d rather not have to dive into the plugin code and figure out why.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome!

542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
ThemesFever says

I think that there isn’t any plugins that do what you need, however you can integrate this plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-submitted-posts/) with WordPress custom post types and create a great categorized gallery page, where users can submit their images :bigsmile:

I actually did a very similar website for a client, except it didn’t had categories :) I think that the best solution for you, would be contacting a WP programmer (like me :P ).

284 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Shellbot says

Ah that’ll work, brilliant thankyou!

I was starting to think I’d have to build an entire plugin myself, which wasn’t very appealing on a site I’m building for free as a favour, so this looks like much less work :D

by
by
by
by
by
by