• Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

I have verbal agreement (email, skype) with one of the authors from marketplace to convert some of my HTML /CSS works to WP themes. We deal timeline which was two weeks. Now is already passed more than 30 days and I did not receive any update from him. When he reply he reply in style ‘will be soon, will be soon…’, when I asked for exact timeline he do not respond anything. We also agree to share profit.

Please I need advice, am I obligated to wait him? Can I hire another WP developer and stop waiting?

347 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
simonswiss says

Your sales will be much better with a solid, polished work rather than a premature and rushed theme because of a deadline. Try and smoothen the relation you have with him and get on good terms with the dev so you can have more precise answers from him without pressuring him too much – i think it’s best for both of you!

That’s just my point of view! From a legal standpoint, it’s difficult to say as we don’t know what were the exact terms of your “verbal agreement”.

Good luck and i hope this pans out nicely for you!

227 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

^ No no, we have great polished and smooth relation and communication, he doesn’t respond at all or every 6 days one email like ’...will be soon…’ ahah :)

by
by
by
by
by
by