• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

Hello, I’m working on my new template called Slimply. Theme will be nice propose for creatives who are looking for minimalistic portfolio with their’s projects on the homepage.

But… When I did 70% of work I saw Garnish theme by Orman Clark and that worried me… I do not know what should I do. I don’t copy from other designers and Slimply is 100% unique template by me.

This is my upcoming theme: http://vasterad.com/slimply_theme/ (more subpages & features are coming also dark color version).

Tell me please guys what should I do. In my opinion projects on the homepage is similar to Garnish’s structure and I need opinion about that.

Greetings, Vasterad.

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

I clicked the link and I instantly thought Garnish. I didn’t even notice you mentioning that until I read your post after viewing the theme.

Its still a nice theme though.

3194 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

I clicked the link and I instantly thought Garnish. I didn’t even notice you mentioning that until I read your post after viewing the theme. Its still a nice theme though.

same here, unfortunately if you submitted the first 100 comments are going to say you copied him and you will most likely get a DCMA … even though you didn’t mean to its just kind of how the marketplaces have gotten

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

OK here’s what I think

you have a front page message – garnish does not You used different fonts and colors you have more page templates that don’t look the same at all to Garnish

Just because you have a filterable front page portfolio based on a grid I doubt that could be called copying in all honesty – Orman certainly wasn’t the first to do this

What about big ass slider and 3 columns underneath – the #1 selling layout pattern on ThemeForest – it’s just a wireframe similarity and we all use the same wireframes.

Now saying that I believe that if you added another section under the home page portfolio that had a buyer benefit then it’s not the same at all.

Just my opinion based on what I see being uploaded and for sale actively on TF – I’m not a reviewer and I like your style and this template.

Jonathan

266 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

Ok, thanks guys for reply. I decided to make different site at all with a bit based on Slimply’s subpages. Cheers. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by