2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in France
c0v3r says
Hello everyone, My template was rejected the first time because of the typography. After a second attempt, I was told this:
Usually, I’d Be Able to provide statement more but I’m afraid Specific Feedback That Is not the case here. Every appearance of your design Will Need To Be Improved, Significantly.

I do not see how to improve my theme? Live at theme url here

Thanks for you feeback.

3225 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

you need some leading bro ;-) and new fonts http://www.brightlemon.com/blog/typography-01-font-basics-what-is-x-height-leading-kerning-tracking-ascender-de-0 (aka Line-height)

there are other things wrong too, inconstant margins/paddings, visual hierarchy etc…

187 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Located in Romania
+3 more
CleanScript says

besides what OrganicBeeMedia said, I have one idea and a very big secret. here’s the advice: Colors are very important, be sure you know how to…”blend” everything so that it looks perfect fonts are very important too. you must be careful what you choose for menus, titles and plain text. As for visual hierarchy, here’s a great tutorial for you: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/design-theory/understanding-visual-hierarchy-in-web-design/ Read it, understand it, use it and search for others alike. Now, here’s the big secret: Detail. Work on something and then try to improve it. after you finish, try to improve it again, and again. and when you reach the point that you realize that it’s perfect, and there’s nothing you can do to improve it, try improve it again. Push for quality on every inch of your theme, take attention to detail.

Building a great theme that will pass the Almighty eye of the reviewer is a very long process. I imagine you want it to sell well too. Now get to work.

97 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
2winFactor says

Hi C0v3r,

Great job looking for feedback. It takes a lot to separate yourself from your work. That’s a great way to start.

Aside from everything mentioned here, there’s a User Experience issue that’s rather bothersome for the end user. Since the footer is fixed, I’m not able to scroll down and see the entire content (on any of the pages, really). I would make sure that your theme is accessible for most devices (including people without large screens).

Additionally, I would focus your attention on the homepage. That page REALLY matters a lot for sales, let alone getting approved. It HAS to be AWESOME . Maybe some unique/cool typography with your welcome message? I typically get inspired from typography based sites – I would check out a few good ones here: http://www.thebestdesigns.com/design/gallery/typography/

Hang in there man, each time I design a site I get better and better. Take this as a learning experience and just know that you can only get better with each try! My first Theme I ever made was absolutely terrible :)

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in France
c0v3r says

Thank you very much for your very encouraging feedback. Actually, I have to dig on the graphic quality. I’m more a developer than a designer ! But that will come with the time. Again thank you and get to work now !

by
by
by
by
by
by