12 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • United Arab Emirates
2experts says

I made a responsive resume template for ThemeForest that got rejected. The reviewer given following reasons:

Overall, this is a good concept but there are a couple issues here:

1. We already have a number of submissions with the same overall design and concept and we have to draw the line somewhere.

I think we’re reached a point of saturation. At this point, we’re only looking for unique variations of this design: for another one to be approved it would have to have a couple of unique touches and features that differentiate it from what’s already available and definitely be of higher quality.

2. Minimal templates can be clean and simple when you manage to handle the white space and details to provide a simple but yet unique template. But if you can’t, it will look like an incomplete template – blank template.

In this case, the submitted template is more like a ‘framework’ than a full fledged design. If you’re going with minimalism, you need to make sure all the little details check out.

reason given by the reviewer was that it looks like a freebie and needs improvement on all the stages.

Here is demo link what I did: template

I want to know what is the wrong with my work and some suggestion of what things I have to fix to get this work approved.

Thanks for your valuable time :)

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Arab Emirates
2experts says

Anyone?

111 posts
  • Czech Republic
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Flay says

I love it… Maybe do something with the skills section and play with the contast a little bit, but I rly like the overall feel.

456 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Israel
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
virtuti says

On the one hand I like it very much for its clean look, on the other hand it is as if too sterile, too pale, too office-ish. Maybe to diffuse grey with some colour spot?

I would also increase padding between blocks (right and left), change background (it is so subtle that almost invisible and looks as plain colour), get rid of gradient on Quick Response button and add some interesting, even unexpected effects. Good luck to you!

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Arab Emirates
2experts says

I love it… Maybe do something with the skills section and play with the contast a little bit, but I rly like the overall feel.

Thank you Flay for your quick response and the kind words :)

Well, when you say it I agree that the contrast needs to be a bit stronger in the skills section. I´ll look into that for sure.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Arab Emirates
2experts says

On the one hand I like it very much for its clean look, on the other hand it is as if too sterile, too pale, too office-ish. Maybe to diffuse grey with some colour spot? I would also increase padding between blocks (right and left), change background (it is so subtle that almost invisible and looks as plain colour), get rid of gradient on Quick Response button and add some interesting, even unexpected effects. Good luck to you!

First of all, thanks a ton for your time Tanya, your feedback is very much appreciated! About the overall look and feel. I’m working on it and look forward to reupload my item.

1152 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
iKreativ says
12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Arab Emirates
2experts says

Thanks Scott, I honestly appreciate the feedback.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Arab Emirates
2experts says

Well, I tried to improve last rejected template, but still got rejected.

I want to know what is the wrong with my work and some suggestion of what things I have to fix to get this work approved.

Thanks for your valuable time alt=” title=”:)” />

=== Why We’ve Declined Your Submission ===

1. Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as typography, graphics, and spacing.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.

3. Overall template’s typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for sale. The template will need also improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings.

4. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the template may just swing the decision in your favor.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Arab Emirates
2experts says

Anyone?

by
by
by
by