HenkVanIngrid saidHello, I did some changes on this theme, do you think it’s look better than before? http://theme.typecho.co/
You did a good job considering you’re only fifteen. But you still have a lot to learn and one way you can do that is to take a close look at the best themes here on ThemeForest and asking yourself: why are those themes so damned good? and what do I have to do to do better? My advice:
- Start over. Most often it’s easier to work on a clean slate.
- Try different font sizes. Like titles and such.
- Get rid of the newsticker / bar at the bottom.
- Remove the animated RSS and sound icons, it’s distracting.
- Get rid of the time on the top right. I already know the time, no need for the website to tell me.
Although your template isn’t of a high enough standard to be sold on Themeforest, I’d just like to say well done for trying. You are very young and have so much time to improve that if you keep learning you will eventually get there.
Remember that Themeforest is very much aimed at the western market which has a completely different design aesthetic to that of China. Here is an article on the topic: http://thinkvitamin.com/design/why-is-chinese-web-design-so-bad/ (Please don’t be insulted by the title, it is actually a good read.)
Other than that I think HenkVanIngrid has given you some solid advice and you should follow that.
Best regards, Oisin