4 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in India
parthgupta says

Hi,

I am new to Themeforest and I’ve created a PSD template but wondering if it is ready for Themeforest.

Could you provide your valuable feedback and suggestion on this PSD

Also can I use a wallpaper (like from http://hdw.eweb4.com) as my header_bg image and some shots from Behance in previews only (I have excluded them from final product and also placed the credit links)?

One more thing I’ve made a separate PSD for the gradient overlay with some transparency on heade_bg image, so do I have to count it in number of PSDs?

I appreciate your help. Thank you

4377 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

This thread is now in › Item Discussion

1246 posts LoveThemes
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
LoveThemes says

It’s not a bad start, but will need much more for the .PSD category.

Try to steer away slightly from that style, it’s been done a million times before.

Then work on the typography, colors and spacing.

4 posts
parthgupta says

Try to steer away slightly from that style, it’s been done a million times before.

Thanks for feedback.

Could you also tell me if I can use any wallpaper for preview purpose?

1246 posts LoveThemes
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
LoveThemes says

I don’t know, check the license.

88 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe
+1 more
GoliathDesign says

Thanks for feedback.

Could you also tell me if I can use any wallpaper for preview purpose?

If you literally meant any, then no probably not. Images are almost always under exclusive copyright to their respective owners, and unless you have permission from their creators, you’re not allowed to use them anywhere.

I personally got some good shots from flickr, Unsplash and sometimes I even buy images from photodune or GraphicRiver, just for preview purposes. Try and find images without any license, or buy them. If you buy them, you will only be able to use them in your demo’s, if they have a free license, you can do what ever you want with them.

Also, I really like your design. Could you upload a fully rendered out version, the imperfect subpixels just spoil it. (Try highest res). Once you’ve done that, I will try and give some feedback as well :) (As PSD’s need to be subpixel perfect).

4 posts
parthgupta says

If you literally meant any, then no probably not. Images are almost always under exclusive copyright to their respective owners, and unless you have permission from their creators, you’re not allowed to use them anywhere.

I personally got some good shots from flickr, Unsplash and sometimes I even buy images from photodune or GraphicRiver, just for preview purposes. Try and find images without any license, or buy them. If you buy them, you will only be able to use them in your demo’s, if they have a free license, you can do what ever you want with them.

Also, I really like your design. Could you upload a fully rendered out version, the imperfect subpixels just spoil it. (Try highest res). Once you’ve done that, I will try and give some feedback as well :) (As PSD’s need to be subpixel perfect).

Thanks for your Help

Also take a look at the full resolution and provide your feedback.

88 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe
+1 more
GoliathDesign says

There we go,

the full res image is just much more clear, thanks.

I really like your theme, but as LoveThemes said, the style of your design is nothing really “special”. Anyway, I really like it, hence I don’t have too many points to make:

• I find the Arrow in your Opener (See us in Action) a bit too large, just as the actual text itself
  • The Icon sections in your “welcome section” look good, but try working on the font a bit, it doesn’t blend in with the much larger font size you used
  • Your “About” section looks quite good, but tbh, I’d change the size of the images slightly (make them more “square-ish” (there too long for their height)
  • In your “Clients” section, try and make the left and right arrow smaller (60% of current size), and turn down the opacity so that they are not sticking right out of the page
  • Below your contact page, the “call to action” section is weird. You were really consistent going with dark colors like dark blue or black for every second section of your theme, but why did you use a dark greenfor this section? Doesn’t make sense to me, not to mention that I personally find that the color doesn’t fit the rest of the theme

I hope you can use some of the points (or agree to some of them at least) to improve your design a bit :)

4 posts
parthgupta says

Thanks for the feedback. I really find it helpful.

by
by
by
by
by
by