5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
capturestudios says

I haven’t seen a decent wordpress theme in over a month that isn’t just like all the other ones. Someone get some creativity and put out something different already. I’m tired of the full screen and the standard slider with 3 widgets under it.

You guys are BETTER than this!! Let’s go! I believe in YOU

3007 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

:)))

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

On my way ;)

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
PixelBin says

Plenty of original themes that just don’t sell well because you are the 1%, bud. People just need a fully-featured theme that will cover any and all aspects of their project so they just go for the tried and true method. Original/unique themes don’t pay off in the long run and authors are here for the money, not to showcase their skills.

4259 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

I’ve edited your title. Please do not use swears or insults in titles or topics! :) Thank you!

152 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
seal says

I totally agree with you. I said numerous times that the quality here, even proclaimed as high level, has nothing to do with that high level in terms of layout and designs.

BUT this is the way it goes around here, most people want to make a theme that can be used for anything, ergo once you see 5-10 themes it’s like you have seen all of them:-)

33 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
sliilvia says

Plenty of original themes that just don’t sell well because you are the 1%, bud. People just need a fully-featured theme that will cover any and all aspects of their project so they just go for the tried and true method. Original/unique themes don’t pay off in the long run and authors are here for the money, not to showcase their skills.

That’s really sad :(

Perhaps some of the bigger authors need to take the lead as if things carry on the way they are currently, every template will look almost exactly the same. As a buyer, it’s a little depressing looking through the new items list as I already know what they’re going to look like.

1. Menu and logo on the top 2. Huge Image slider with various options 3. 3 columns with text/images 4. Footer with generic info (contact us/map/etc.)

Also almost all the themes here appear to very precise in their design and layout to a point where it’s almost too square and precise if that makes sense.

Here are some great examples of design, if anyone could create templates that look anything like these I’d buy them in a second.

http://createdm.com/ http://www.thisistommy.com/ https://heartbreakerfashion.com/

Some originality please :)

30 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
nayan007 says

We are… :-)

The world is not enough for me
492 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

As much as I would love to upload unique designs here on TF, it would not be sustainable. Sure the design would find a handful of buyers who’s projects it suits perfectly (couple of example of this kind of buyer here in this thread already), but unfortunately given the pricing structure on TF, this is not enough to justify the time involved. So if authors follow this path they won’t last long here.

For those buyers, who are in the minority, who are looking for out of the box unique solutions for their client’s projects for $35, you are perhaps forgetting/misunderstanding the purpose of a stock marketplace such as TF. The aim is not to provide all things to all men, but rather to provide an affordable starting point and feature set, upon which you can then place the things which will make the theme unique to your client.

The fact that TF has gone beyond this, is a result of competition between the authors for sales.

Apart from the first “great example of design” linked above, which could be made from probably 80% of WP themes on TF with minor changes, the other posted themes are far too specific. There are some themes like this on TF, but those authors have learned from their mistakes and will not make any more, well at least if they want the best chance at good sales.

DOK

by
by
by
by
by
by