8 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
CalvinOnwuka says

Next week I intend to buy the Multimedia Wordpress and use it to redo my website. I am not a geek but I believe I learn quickly.

What I actually need to know is how difficult will it be for me to work with the templates provided and the uploading to my host company. I am hosted by godaddy.com and the site I want to improve with the wordpress design is www.naijaheroes.com. Are there things I need to be aware of and pitfalls to avoid.

Thanks a lot.

36 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Slovenia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SpletNet says

I see your current web site is static HTML based. For a start I’d suggest you to install Wordpress and maybe try out a free theme or two, if you haven’t done this already. Themes that you’ll find on Themeforest are usually more feature-full than free themes and have a very good documentation on how to use their features.

I’m not familiar with Godaddy, but many hosting providers usually have an “easy install” option for popular frameworks like Wordpress. Once you install Wordpress, installing a theme is not very difficult. However, if you decide to customize the theme more than its user interface allows you to, you will have to edit PHP files, so some basic PHP knownledge wouldn’t hurt.

8 posts
CalvinOnwuka says

Thanks a lot for the response. I have already spoken to godaddy and they have easy install option for Wordpress. I aim to change the whole site and make it Wordpress based.

Forgive my ignorance what is PHP ? Like I said I want to purchase the Multimedia Theme and use it for the totality of the site.

Once again thanks.

36 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Slovenia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SpletNet says

In short: PHP is a server side scripting language. It is most commonly used together with MySQL (database) to generate dynamic web pages.

I’m not really good at explaining these things, but I’ll try to give you an example of using HTML , PHP and MySQL together: You have a website with an input box where you ask visitors how do they like your new site. Below there are displayed three randomly selected submitted opinions. When someone submits their opinion, it gets sent to the server and PHP writes it into the database. When someone visits your site, before the HTML is sent to your web browser, it is generated by PHP on the server – in this case it looks into the database, randomly selects three opinions, “writes them down” and then sends that generated page to your web browser.

But really, you don’t need to worry about that. Themes have plenty of user friendly options for customizing almost every aspect of them and knownledge of HTML or PHP is not required in order to use Wordpress and themes.

8 posts
CalvinOnwuka says

In short: PHP is a server side scripting language. It is most commonly used together with MySQL (database) to generate dynamic web pages.

I’m not really good at explaining these things, but I’ll try to give you an example of using HTML , PHP and MySQL together: You have a website with an input box where you ask visitors how do they like your new site. Below there are displayed three randomly selected submitted opinions. When someone submits their opinion, it gets sent to the server and PHP writes it into the database. When someone visits your site, before the HTML is sent to your web browser, it is generated by PHP on the server – in this case it looks into the database, randomly selects three opinions, “writes them down” and then sends that generated page to your web browser.

But really, you don’t need to worry about that. Themes have plenty of user friendly options for customizing almost every aspect of them and knownledge of HTML or PHP is not required in order to use Wordpress and themes.

Thank you very much sir. I am about to pay for the Theme I want shortly and progress from there.

by
by
by
by
by
by