4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
reputelligence says

Dear WP professionals,

I actually but a nice theme on themeforest. Next to other things I buy regularly and so far enjoy the great work and support from the different authors around.

Now it happens I have bought a great WP theme (bought actually six times) since I wanted to start up six WP blog sites.

Soon thereafter i asked the author for additions (i.e. Multilingual (German, English and a captcha: -The author actually showed a multilingual version on his demo installation). He agreed to develop these and I sent some monies in exchange for that.

Now after several attempts not only from me (the theme has several problems as also reported by others) getting support I kind of haven given up.

Also the following original comment: I stopped working on this theme because I wanted to develop a more evolved system which can be seen here on my new theme: http://themeforest.net/item/...

was not really encouraging.

So is there now someone out there professional enough to help me and get these theme fixed up?

Or would you suggest to trash all of it and start from scratch?

If yes can you recommend me a trustworthy, professional author not letting down customers on support?

Thanks very much.

Dominique B.

2064 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

I can help you, but you need to be more clear with what the problems are.

3328 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
organicbee says
3007 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

thanks for including me in your list. i do offer support and love to help out. you could cosider my new theme. just pm me and we could talk. vlad – duotive

4343 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Hi Dominique I replied your email, I’m sure you’ll find someone here to help you. :)

- - -
Chris thanks for the mention bro.
3328 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
organicbee says

anytime guys

4 posts
reputelligence says

Hi Authors,

Fantastic, it took a while to reply since kind of hadn’t time to play with my WP installation -that’s why I am a rather a buyer with limited knowledge.

Also when replying to the post I wanted to deliver a quality answer honoring your time.

Firstly I have come from bad to worse -the freelancer I have engaged to help with basic theme errors made everything worse (in my hallucination).

The problems with the theme are:

I am not able to change the settings for background, logos etc. Features promised are not in the theme (no one can with this except the author).

Here the messages:

Warning: fopen(/home/www/web7/html/404whylo/wp-content/themes/transparency/background_config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/web7/html/404whylo/wp-content/plugins/themelayoutoption.php on line 5491

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/web7/html/404whylo/wp-content/plugins/themelayoutoption.php on line 5493

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/web7/html/404whylo/wp-content/plugins/themelayoutoption.php on line 5494

This errors are maybe not even theme errors rather permission errors but nerveless the theme out of the box doesn’t work. ++++++++++++++++++++++ Reply from the theme author: sorry for the big delay, the update is ready i look forward to publish it on your websites.

about the permission problem, you can set up a 755 permission also. I can tell you that is no problem with a 777 chmod on a pictures folder. ++++++++++++++++++++++

So I took this and have thrown >100$ to the Freelancer who did this:

ok. can you give a CHMOD for me? my internet connection type doesn’t give me ftp access. can you do it, please? i need it 777 on the transparency folder, and recurred into sub-directories. ++++++++++++++++++++++ Please don’t laugh yet. I replied—>I generally don’t like the idea of 777…My view is…All folder permissions should be set to 755. Files should be set to 644. Files that you want to edit in the WordPress Theme editor should be 666. Never use 777 for WordPress permissions ? you?re letting all users on the server do whatever they want with your site. On a shared or badly configured server, that can mean trouble.But now here we go. Probably have to fine-tune. It works but… ++++++++++++++++++++++ But here we go all chmod to 777. You may this is best practice but I kind don’t like it. Not but tell do really need to chmod to 777 to get theme working hope not. ++++++++++++++++++++++

After all this I am now thinking of stop digging a deeper hole very time I take action and look at the big picture.

This means probably canning the six themes I bought from the author and wave goodbye the money spend on a freelancer (probably not very experienced) and start fresh.

Thanks very much for the links of the trusted authors, it is good to know -some of them I have spied earlier when I was checking out themes and selecting (should have bought from them).

Thanks for your efforts!

Regards Dominique (The WP web themeforest rookie who paid an expensive lesson).

P.S. I do like the stuff on envato/ themeforest there is great content available.

741 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

Have you tried asking your web host’s support about that? TimThumb script is blacklisted on some servers, so maybe this is an issue with the script you’re using too? The server may see the script as potentially dangerous and thus blacklist it automatically. Worth trying, it won’t cost you anything.

415 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
osigrandi says

What type of server? Windows or Linux? If you have cPanel it’s worth taking a look at the server logs.

Another thing you can try, install XAMPP or similar on your home computer, together with wordpress, if the theme(s) work there but not on your webhosting account, it’s either because of permission errors or something else your webhost might have turned off.

4 posts
reputelligence says

Update:

I issued two support tickets with themeforest but no reply yet. Obviously themeforest did pay users of the other theme from the same author their money back. This would be the best also for so I could buy other themes from one of the list above and finally get my WP project rolling.

Here the comments form the other theme of the author. lazybearsays Purchased

Hi karensm,

I believe that there are two ways of aranging a refund: 1. contacting the theme author directly and requesting it: http://themeforest.net/user/catalinnita

2. submitting a ticket directly to ThemeForest: http://themeforest.net/support

Naturly, ThemeForest prefers it if you try and contact the theme author first, and only contact them if that fails (or you get no reply).

Mind you, it is New Years, so if catalinnita is not responding, it could just be that she’s on holidays :-) Posted 6 days ago Report no-thumbnail

• Bought between 1 and 9 items

karensmsays Purchased

Hi lazybear,

Thank you for the information!

Karen Posted 6 days ago Report no-thumbnail

killutatissays Purchased

Hi karensm,

please send a ticket to the themeforest team. I’ve done this, too. The more people do this, we will have better chances to get a refund. Posted 6 days ago Report no-thumbnail

mm107says

I HAVE RECEIVED MY CREDIT FROM THEMEFOREST .

Once they saw the problem the gave me my money back.

I recommend everyone do this untill Cat fixes the problem.

YES CAT DOES NOT HAVE TO OFFER SUPPORT , BUT THE THEME STILL NEEDS TO WORK !

Support is usually installing a theme, walking someone through the setup, etc….

WHEN A THEME IS BROKEN THEMEFOREST WILL QUICKLY REFUND YOUR MONEY .

IF CAT DOESNT WANT TO HELP , HURT THEM WHERE IT HURST EVERONE , THE POCKETBOOK . Posted 6 days ago Report

• quote end.

I hope I get my money back as well. Stupid as I was I bought five of these themes!

Cheers Dom

by
by
by
by
by
by