181 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Turkey
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
gokhan214 says

when we create an html template, do we have to include the psd version or just the files that would need to be edited by the buyer such as logo, price tables, e.t.c.?

205 posts
  • Located in Azerbaijan
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+3 more
UltraDesigns says

You should include whole psd file :)

Good luck!

154 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
MNKY says

Well, you can include what you want, you can include full layout PSD ’s or just elements or even not include any PSD files. But it may increase your item’s value (price) if you include full PSD .

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

what if i dont even need to create a template in psd format?i never create a pure psd format as i dont even need to i can just create elements seperately and code them, that saves a lot times for me

296 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
cosmincotor says

While it’s not mandatory to include a PSD for each page, you should include them.

Including them will help your customers when they customize the pages (they can create a quick preview before editing any HTML /CSS), and will bring you more sales ;)

3431 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

If you have a PSD , include it – it’ll add value. If not, don’t – it’s not required.

I have an HTML template without a PSD (since it was designed in-browser), and it hasn’t been an issue.

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

well i gotta delete my work which i ve been working on for almost a week and re-create something else then :( and i really did like it :(

397 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Monkify says

...as i dont even need to i can just create elements seperately and code them, that saves a lot times for me

It’s not about what’s easy for you, it’s about what the customer wants. Obviously the PSD is not required, but it’s often considered essential by customers. You’ll get people complaining if you don’t include the PSD files.

3007 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

...as i dont even need to i can just create elements seperately and code them, that saves a lot times for me
It’s not about what’s easy for you, it’s about what the customer wants. Obviously the PSD is not required, but it’s often considered essential by customers. You’ll get people complaining if you don’t include the PSD files.

I did not see a single customer change the PSD files from the themes we created. :))

397 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Monkify says

I did not see a single customer change the PSD files from the themes we created. :))

We had complaints for not including PSD files to our first theme and I know of quite a few people specifically who have used our PSD files.

by
by
by
by
by
by