no-thumbnail
srikanth89premium Recent Posts Threads Started
14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
srikanth89premium says

Hi, i gone through the affiliate program notes and finally i made a URL through my username.

I gave to my colleague, he signup through the link, I gave. then I I came to knew that, in settings, i cant found any register person through my affiliate link. whats the bad i did?

can anyone provide more details?

any help greatly appreciated. thank you

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

here are more info about the affiliate program.

http://themeforest.net/make_money/affiliate_program

but in your case it may be that it takes some time for the website to update the info in your dashboard or that your friend had already visited the marketplace before you give him the link.

no-thumbnail
14 posts
srikanth89premium says

here are more info about the affiliate program. http://themeforest.net/make_money/affiliate_program but in your case it may be that it takes some time for the website to update the info in your dashboard or that your friend had already visited the marketplace before you give him the link.

Hi, thanks, but my colleague visited the without registration. through my link only he registered. in the system, where i previously logout.

no-thumbnail
14 posts
srikanth89premium says

If you have visited one of the Envato Marketplaces before and then click a referral link, it doesn’t count.

I got the line from envato notes. is this mean a user can never before visited the market place?. can anybody explain me?

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

if he used the same computer from where you log out means there was a cookie already there and it doesn’t count.

no-thumbnail
14 posts
srikanth89premium says

if he used the same computer from where you log out means there was a cookie already there and it doesn’t count.

That was bad I did. so a new system is needed right? Actually I’d like to promote envato affiliated program through my blog. can u suggest the precautions I need to take, how to promote, cookies something?

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

That was bad I did. so a new system is needed right? Actually I’d like to promote envato affiliated program through my blog. can u suggest the precautions I need to take, how to promote, cookies something?

well, let’s say technically what you wanted to do was “gaming the system” :D but I think they can close an eye on this and call it a test :)

Not much you can do from this point of view with your blog, you don’t have control on other people cookies :) Is all about quantity, more people visit your blog and click on links with the referral code back to envato more chances to get money out of this.

no-thumbnail
14 posts
srikanth89premium says

well, let’s say technically what you wanted to do was “gaming the system” :D but I think they can close an eye on this and call it a test :)

Not much you can do from this point of view with your blog, you don’t have control on other people cookies :) Is all about quantity, more people visit your blog and click on links with the referral code back to envato more chances to get money out of this.

I’m sorry, I’m closing this thread. just for information. thank you

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi srikanth, in addition to Doru’s helpful link above, please take a moment to also read this article.

Regarding cookies:

• If a person clears their cookies, we will no longer be able to track them.

• If a person clicks on your referral link and then later they click on someone else’s, yours is the one that counts.

• If a person clicks a link, they have three months before the cookie expires. If they sign-up and purchase in the space of those three months, you will earn the commission.
by
by
by
by
by
by