64 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
WatcherLV says

Hello to everyone,

I’m need your advice/tips to improve my template, especially I do not know what to do with overall typography and graphics.

Reviewer thoughts:

1) Overall template typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest. Some aspects to consider are color, contrast and weight, visual hierarchy and alignment.
2) Your template has a good start but, as we have high standards, you will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics. Some aspects to consider are spacing and graphics.

In my opinion the graphic is really great and minimalistic and the client will be able to change color or some element without the effort, but I want to read yours opinion on this.

here’s the link to my template

Thanks!

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chack says

I really love it. Can’t repeat what the reviewer said. But anyhow i don’t like the Sidebar. Choose another Font…

64 posts
+2 more
WatcherLV says
I really love it. Can’t repeat what the reviewer said. But anyhow i don’t like the Sidebar. Choose another Font…

Thanks for the tip chack! ;)
But it will be not enough for the approval :( Maybe someone else have some thoughts?

62 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Kayara says

I don’t know why but I have the same feeling as chack, something with the sidebar… The 2 first elements have a border, not the other ones, maybe too much stuff with different styles in a small area (home page) don’t you think ?

I would definitely add some padding and margins here and there (about section for example, and under titles…) but it’s maybe because I have a high resolution.

Tahoma is not my best friend, but it’s personal… But I found an article few days ago about font families and some fonts just don’t match (times/tahoma ?) Anyway I don’t remember where I found it sorry.

Good luck!

64 posts
+2 more
WatcherLV says

Thanks for advices croustimiel, I really appreciate it!

404 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
JackGriffiths says

Ignore this, I was meant to post this on an item, not here :p

960 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

Yeah it’s definately the sidebar – my advice is try and make it a little darker because it’ll blend in more, make it less “in your face” – that’s probably what the visual hierachy comment was about.

Aside from that, some other little tips to try:

Spacking – the lineheight on the text could be a bit more, let the text and other elements in general breath a bit more. An example is the bottom left banners – if you made your sidebar a wee bit wider you can then afford to have a bit of spacing in between those.

Typography – I actually didn’t mind the fon’t but although the text isn’t black-black, it needs to be a little lighter on the eyes. Also, for headings consider capitalising the text (thinking that might help the portfolio page out

Footer – lose the banner it’s not helping. Space out the elements a little more.

Overall I quite like this design especially the logo, so a few mods here and there and you’ll get it approved. One thing I have learned (through other people on here) is that sometimes it takes 2-3 rejections before you really nail things so just keep at it.

Cheers

9 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Ireland
dotmac says

Definitely something wrong with the sidebar. Also try to keep the variety of fonts low.

- Menu looks very basic and web 1.0`ish. No effects? Not even a :hover or class=”selected”? for active items (current open page)?
- Why are there Facebook / Twitter icons under the search box? Can I search in there as well? It doesn’t seem that way, but then the placing does suggest that.
- Suggestion: play a bit with border-radius in the sidebar; maybe it’ll take some of the “hard” feel off of it
- Add some padding. Especially the “quotes footer bar” at the bottom just kind of seems to overflow into your normal footer.
- The footer seems very dull and basic compared to the rest of the site. Maybe spice it up a little with some brown gradient? A dotted border perhaps?

I agree with the reviewer; there’s definitely something there, but it needs a lot more work to bring it up to TF standards.

No offence meant; just putting it bluntly. Hope you can use some of it and get it up on TF soon! :)
Best of luck! :)

64 posts
+2 more
WatcherLV says

Thanks everyone for nice feedback! I really appreciate it!

by
by
by
by
by
by