I am in charge of designing a website for a school with about 40 teachers. Somewhere on the back end of the site I need to be able to have teachers have their own pages where they can list the homework and add documents for their classes. Here’s the complication:
1. Teachers cannot edit ANY part of the website OTHER than the pages for their specific page. 2. Teachers cannot edit any other teachers pages.
Is there any plugin that can manage something like this? Thanks in advance for any help!
You can easily do all this if you use Joomla. You can set up subject categories ( English, Math, Science..) and then add the teachers as users. You would then have to make joomla pages that wlould only be accessible by one teacher for editing. that page would only show contents in the category of the subject. (Example: if Page name is English then the Category assigned to it would be English too)A general layout of the main menu can be:
- English //Assigned to english category
- Math // Assigned to Math category
- Science // Assigned to Science category
- Teachers Corner // Only visible to teachers (type of page would be “Create Article”)
Make sure every subject teacher is assigned to a different Subject.
You would require no weird plugin to do this
Thank you for your answer, I would do this but I don’t have time to learn Joomla unfortunately… this needs to be done ASAP and I only am experienced with Wordpress!