382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blabus says

Alright, so I’ve also noticed that there have been quite a few posts in which people have been asking for people to either code their designs or come up with designs for them to code. So, I started working on an idea for a site that would let ThemeForest authors (and anyone else) find people to help them with either coding or design.

Now, I know the design part, as well as basic html/css/javascript, but I don’t think I have the coding skill required to bring this idea to life. I’m pretty sure it will require PHP , and I actually thought it might be possible to do what simnor did with reviewmydesign, and create the whole thing with a heavily modified bbpress installation. However, I contacted him and he politely declined, as he’s very busy at the moment.

So, basically if anyone’s interested in working with me on this project, I think the most needed skills right now are PHP , or some other scripting language that would allow for the functionality of a basic forum, with posts, user accounts, etc.

Here’s a mockup I’ve done of the initial design:

http://www.labusdesign.com/search.jpg

There are still some things that need to be added, and the black boxes are obviously dropdown menus, so they’re not always visible.

So, let me know if you’re interested!

P.S. Yes, I know this thread is overflowing with irony. :)

951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

Irony indeed :D

I’d love to help, but I’m afraid my PHP skills are not enough up to standard to make this..
I could help with the design and the fore-end coding if you want to though :)

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
PixelBin says

The idea is good. But please stop with the arrows/thought-bubble-thingys in your designs. :)

382 posts
+2 more
blabus says
The idea is good. But please stop with the arrows/thought-bubble-thingys in your designs. :)

Why, what’s wrong with them?

228 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
stevebluck says

cool idea. But seems like it would be a pretty big job to make.

382 posts
+2 more
blabus says
cool idea. But seems like it would be a pretty big job to make.

Well, that’s why I was hoping I could find someone else with the same skill as simnor, as he essentially created reviewmydesign using just bbpress, and modified it so heavily that it doesn’t even look like a forum.

I was hoping maybe the same could be done with this site. Each subitem in the dropdown menus could be a separate forum, and each ‘post’ could be a topic that simply doesn’t allow replies.

The post area at the top of the page (the other tab) would be the ‘create new thread’ area.

505 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+4 more
CraigSnedeker says

Wow, can’t you finish one project at a time (themeattic) xD

Great idea, sorry I can’t help with PHP . But if you do get it going you should make it where a member who posted a job can mark it as “in progress” or something so they don’t get 100 people offering to do it. xD

382 posts
+2 more
blabus says
Wow, can’t you finish one project at a time (themeattic) xD Great idea, sorry I can’t help with PHP . But if you do get it going you should make it where a member who posted a job can mark it as “in progress” or something so they don’t get 100 people offering to do it. xD

Yeah yeah, I know. :)

And thanks, that is a good idea. Or, do you think they should mark it “in progress” or just delete it?

1612 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
contempoinc says

I don’t want to burst your bubble but theres already a plethora of sites out there like this, not to mention Envato already has one http://jobs.freelanceswitch.com/

352 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
danharper says

My “The Jobs Board” item (I won’t link to it as I don’t think that’s allowed) should provide most of the functionality you’re looking for, and it’ll probably be a lot easier to implement into your design than trying to hack a forum around it. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by