382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blabus says

So I recently submitted an HTML template, but it was rejected, with one of the reasons being that it is not functional with Javascript disabled, and needs to be. However, I can’t figure out how the functionality in my site could be replicated without Javascript. Here’s the site:

http://www.labusdesign.com/simplesteel/index.html

The main problem is the sliders- the large vertical one that contains everything, and the smaller horizontal ones for the portfolio and services. But if javascript is disabled, I don’t understand how it would be possible to move the slider to the correct position, just through a hyperlink.

Thanks for any help!

382 posts
+2 more
blabus says

Also, this is another one of those things I don’t get about the review process. I’ve seen several of the highest selling HTML templates on here, and many of them completely break without javascript (not going to post the links, as it’ll be regarded as a ‘personal attack’).

P.S. Several features (sidebar, tabs,...) don’t work on ThemeForest without javascript. :)

478 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kevinsturf says

well, from what I see this site fully is based of javascript and the reviewers should understand that. Unless they have another solution for it to run without javascript. Then It should have been accepted. This is one cool template.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
PixelBin says

Blabus, try to recreate an HTML version only. For example, if Javascript is enabled, it will just slide to the correct section when a navigation button is pressed but if Javascript is disabled, load the button link in a new page. Or just make an anchor, and make it just click from one spot to another.

94 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JimmyP says

There are levels of “breaking” that are acceptable – if the content is still visible and accessible then it will probably get approved.

382 posts
+2 more
blabus says
There are levels of “breaking” that are acceptable – if the content is still visible and accessible then it will probably get approved.

So If I essentially just changed the overflow of the slider container from ‘hidden’ to ‘visible’, that would be acceptable? As that’s exactly what some of the templates on here work like.

426 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
vasilios says

Just a side note, but I really hope you aren’t including the hoverscroll JavaScript in there. :)

382 posts
+2 more
blabus says
Just a side note, but I really hope you aren’t including the hoverscroll JavaScript in there. :)

Why?

3100 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

I don’t think you can re-sell the hoverscroll script in your template? Unless you purchased a “web services” license for it?

Will the contact form work / submit via ajax / display thank you message?

by
by
by
by
by
by