291 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Egypt Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
LunarDesigns says

I am currently sketching my mascot which reassembles Twisted DNA ( Its supposed to be an gooey alien , and still a work in progress ) .

And i need some help with it , I can’t think of an eye style that matches his personality ( I want him to be evil but a bit friendly )

And after finishing the sketch I will scan it and start painting it digitally , so what color palette do you suggest ?

And what about that brush he is holding with his antenna ? , is it a bit of an overkill ?What about his mouth too ?

If you have any other suggestions , please point it out . And take into consideration that this is propably the first mascot I have ever designed :D

If you can sketch some of the parts I need help with , please do so and post the image of it . Your help is greatly appreciated .

291 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Egypt Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
LunarDesigns says

Anybody ?

1036 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Alexlasek says

First of all you should really work on your mascot, and it’s not about eyes .

As an inspiration have a look at http://www.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/ site especially ben10, if you are looking for aliens

cheers and good luck :)

475 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

I mean no disrespect, but rather constructive criticism when I say: learn first how to draw.

There are some great tutorials on how to draw the human/humanoid form in youtube without needing to buy a thousand books.

Getting to be proficient at drawing takes a long time, but by practicing at least a couple of hours a day, everyday and learning well all the parts; your skills will get better and you will be able to design your mascot without anyone’s help.

I know that you want it now, but by waiting and by doing it yourself the proper way (learning composition, human body, how to draw movement, how to draw heads, how to draw faces, how to draw hands, how to draw torsos, how to draw feet etc..) it will be far more re-comforting in the long run, than rushing a sketch now.

Hope my advice helps.

291 posts
+1 more
LunarDesigns says

First of all you should really work on your mascot, and it’s not about eyes .

As an inspiration have a look at http://www.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/ site especially ben10, if you are looking for aliens

cheers and good luck :)

Thank you Alex :)

291 posts
+1 more
LunarDesigns says

I mean no disrespect, but rather constructive criticism when I say: learn first how to draw.

There are some great tutorials on how to draw the human/humanoid form in youtube without needing to buy a thousand books.

Getting to be proficient at drawing takes a long time, but by practicing at least a couple of hours a day, everyday and learning well all the parts; your skills will get better and you will be able to design your mascot without anyone’s help.

I know that you want it now, but by waiting and by doing it yourself the proper way (learning composition, human body, how to draw movement, how to draw heads, how to draw faces, how to draw hands, how to draw torsos, how to draw feet etc..) it will be far more re-comforting in the long run, than rushing a sketch now.

Hope my advice helps.

Thank you so much Luis , your help is much appreciated .

950 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

Try to use a geometric approach when you design logos and icons, for the moment: try to start from a geometric shape and use only circles and regular curves will help you, specially at this stage. Stay flat for the moment then once the shape is done you can start adding details, but work on simple lines, it will help at the beginning

291 posts
+1 more
LunarDesigns says

Try to use a geometric approach when you design logos and icons, for the moment: try to start from a geometric shape and use only circles and regular curves will help you, specially at this stage. Stay flat for the moment then once the shape is done you can start adding details, but work on simple lines, it will help at the beginning

Thank you so much for the reply :) , I just got my wacom bamboo today and i will try experimenting new stuff :)

by
by
by
by
by
by