• Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

hey

I recently made a website for a client of mine, which can be found hear http://www.stridecommunication.co.uk/index.html

I am looking for someone to help with search engine optimization, and generally getting the website found by search engines.

I just wanted to see if there is anyone out there that does thing sort of thing, please just give a rough quote on what you think.

many thanks

248 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

Hi,

Head over to http://forums.seochat.com , read all the stickies and ask for some help – they’ll give you the best advice. There’s also a large number of professionals there who would probably be available if the Client has a budget set aside for this.

Good luck,

Dan

designandpromote
designandpromote Recent Posts Threads Started
2 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
designandpromote says

Hi,

This is the sort of thing we do for a living, budgets are based on what keywords and how fast you want to get to the top.

You can learn more about [ link edited ] here.

Drop me a line and I would be happy to give you a full report along with my recommendations.

Thank you,

Bruce

84 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
nathrat says
budgets are based on what keywords and how fast you want to get to the top.

This is an interesting way to charge. Our company charges based on an hourly rate. However many hours we put into the site (keyword research, optimizing content, metas, reporting, etc.) is what the client pays.

Nobody can guarantee placement in a search engine, except for that particular search engine, so charging a client based on “how fast they want to get to the top” sounded strange to me.

designandpromote
designandpromote Recent Posts Threads Started
2 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
designandpromote says

nathrat,

With a larger budget we could optimize more pages of your site and add more back links so this would get you to the top faster.

You are right that no one can guarantee a #1 position in Google but we certainly can analyze what got the top website there in the first place.

From that information we could give some pretty accurate estimates on how much of a budget it would take to get there yourself. And of course some keywords have more competition than others.

For example imagine the top dog for a certain search term has 1000 back links so we know we are going to need at least that many to be able to get above him.

Also another factor that many people do not realize is that just because we delivered a visitor this is not enough.

The website or landing page still has to be compelling enough to turn that visitor into a lead or better yet a customer.

I hope this helps you understand our fee structure a bit more.

Thank you,

Bruce

1424 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

Interesting topics and resources :)

61 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
_jd says

You can do a lot of the basics yourself to save money.

I viewed the source and a few things that saw which are easy to solve and are kinda important are these things: - Make sure every image has an alt. - Put the css in an css file and not in the html. - Try to put the javascript at the bottom of the page - Add the doctype - Change the name of the images (home_04.jpg doesnt tell google or yahoo much about the image) - I couldnt find a H1, but three times a H2, Try to change the first H2 to an H1 and the third H2 to an H3 so you have H1,H2 and H3 on your page. - Instead of surrounding every line with an p class, do it once per paragraph. - Try to link to the domain instead of to the index.html, now the index page can be found with and without the index.html, which means duplicated content.

Other basic things you can do, I think I mentioned most of them already: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/12-basic-on-site-seo-tactics-for-optimized-results/5966/

Its also nice to generate a free Woorank report.

And everyone has a different opinion about the w3c validator, but in my opinion is it important to try to make the content as valid as possible, try to limit the errors, it doesnt have to be 100% error-free, but every error less can be positively affecting the site.

Good luck and keep us updated! Dominick

by
by
by
by
by
by