193 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
ikaruna says

That is a definitely a rejection reason.

jayc

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

Are you serious? This us a reason for rejection? OMG . And low quality utems get it. Interesting. It seems that some reviewers are doing their job and some don’t care at all.

Why you think this should not be a reason for rejection? I’d like to hear your opinion.

We have not approved such “low quality themes” — like you said. I’m sorry Duotive but I think that is disrespectful to your fellow authors and to us, Chan Kai Loon and I.

Mainly because it’s a warning and not an error. Second, most plugins have such errors and most themes do have them. So i do not see a real big problem with one warning. If it’s a rejection reason i will be more careful about that in the future.

Also you took it personally, witch what i said was not, i said in general. Some are doing their job and some not. I say that because more voices on the forums, including mine, say that the quality of items has dropped drastically from the price increase. No other reason.

I have no say for one particular theme and you can accept whatever you think the standards are, i was saying just that i am surprise on what theme you lock the acceptance and themes with responsive problems ( big ones ) are accepted. So CSS /HTML problems are accepted, but one php warning is not.

I will not give examples, because this was not really the point of me posting.

Bottom line – ignore my post – i was day-dreaming.

125 posts I make pretty things.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
guuthemes says

Hey I think you should Try this..!
if ( isset( $_GET['page'] ) AND $_GET['page'] == basename(__FILE__) ) {

isset is your friend!!! works wonders!

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

Are you serious? This us a reason for rejection? OMG . And low quality utems get it. Interesting. It seems that some reviewers are doing their job and some don’t care at all.

Why you think this should not be a reason for rejection? I’d like to hear your opinion.

We have not approved such “low quality themes” — like you said. I’m sorry Duotive but I think that is disrespectful to your fellow authors and to us, Chan Kai Loon and I.
Mainly because it’s a warning and not an error. Second, most plugins have such errors and most themes do have them. So i do not see a real big problem with one warning. If it’s a rejection reason i will be more careful about that in the future.

Well, when I develop I have the debug mode on, so I fix also the warnings… I don’t like them :)

If you leave one, that means that you don’t develop in debug mode, so maybe there’s also something else left unfixed…

It’s all about good practices, in fact I can’t believe how some huge and famous plugins are not developed in debug mode and are full of errors.

3072 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

Blue paw gets stuck into a array warning?! Wonder of the day. :)

46 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
DockThemes says

Also you took it personally, witch what i said was not, i said in general. Some are doing their job and some not. I say that because more voices on the forums, including mine, say that the quality of items has dropped drastically from the price increase. No other reason.

I have no say for one particular theme and you can accept whatever you think the standards are, i was saying just that i am surprise on what theme you lock the acceptance and themes with responsive problems ( big ones ) are accepted. So CSS /HTML problems are accepted, but one php warning is not.

I completely agree to this.

332 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dekciw says

Blue paw gets stuck into a array warning?! Wonder of the day. :)

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by