• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Since every plugin should work with every theme (at least it should have proper functionality in the backend), this means that either theme author or plugin author are wrong. If the plugin works when you switch the theme, ask for a refund on theme, otherwise, ask for a refund on plugin.

It’s not always quite that simple. If the issue is a JS or PHP conflict, then I agree that’s generally a good way to identify the culprit.

A CSS conflict isn’t necessarily indicative of a broken theme or plugin, though. While PHP and JS need to run independently in a theme and plugin, there is inheritance and therefore a (sometimes unavoidable) interaction of styles with CSS. Of course, there are good and bad ways to code the CSS (I’ve seen a lot of overly generic CSS code cause very annoying issues with plugin integration), and writing modular CSS to avoid conflicts should always be the goal – but a CSS conflict doesn’t mean either product is necessarily at fault.

That being said, I assume when you ask if “functionality” is broken, you’re not referring to styling, only to functional code – however, I don’t think the average buyer necessarily makes that distinction – so I think there may be a bit of a disconnect here, and that was really my point after reading this thread :)

41 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
kadiross says

Since every plugin should work with every theme (at least it should have proper functionality in the backend), this means that either theme author or plugin author are wrong. If the plugin works when you switch the theme, ask for a refund on theme, otherwise, ask for a refund on plugin.

It’s not always quite that simple. If the issue is a JS or PHP conflict, then I agree that’s generally a good way to identify the culprit.

A CSS conflict isn’t necessarily indicative of a broken theme or plugin, though. While PHP and JS need to run independently in a theme and plugin, there is inheritance and therefore a (sometimes unavoidable) interaction of styles with CSS. Of course, there are good and bad ways to code the CSS (I’ve seen a lot of overly generic CSS code cause very annoying issues with plugin integration), and writing modular CSS to avoid conflicts should always be the goal – but a CSS conflict doesn’t mean either product is necessarily at fault.

That being said, I assume when you ask if “functionality” is broken, you’re not referring to styling, only to functional code – however, I don’t think the average buyer necessarily makes that distinction – so I think there may be a bit of a disconnect here, and that was really my point after reading this thread :)

Hi thank u mate, do u have 15 minutes of ur time please to check my prob please i’m really needing ur help, and tell me how much u could fix it please kadiross @ hotmail .fr

please contact me to give u my logins ps: please remove the spaces on my email

:)

1400 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

I agree with you.

41 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
kadiross says

There are 5 errors when i use twentyten theme

Uncaught Error: NotFoundError: DOM Exception 8 load-scripts.php:4 f.extend.clean load-scripts.php:4 f.buildFragment load-scripts.php:4 f.fn.extend.domManip load-scripts.php:4 f.fn.extend.after load-scripts.php:4 (anonymous function) vfb-admin.js:1 f.event.dispatch load-scripts.php:3 h.handle.i load-scripts.php:3
114 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
leilalei says

Hi kadiross!

Will you able to fix the bug? If not, then please send me the detailed error/s of the plugin so I could check. Leave a message over email at leilaleilei.toruista[@]gmail[.]com. Looking forward to your message.

L

by
by
by
by
by
by