• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Europe
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
moutheme says

Hello,

I need help from you guys to give me some idea about this situation. 4 months ago i createt a theme with a author here, i do only the desing, and for 4 months i dont take any earnings from my work, the work its upload in other author account and he have 4 months dont sent me any money…

1 month – i dont sent him a mail to send me the eranings 2 month – i send him a mail and say me i will send you the earning (nothing) 3 month – same, and he said me dont worry i will send you 100% sure your part, and again nothing and send me a mial with justification i have some problem bla bla bla.. 4 months (this month) – he said me i sent you the earnings and also sent me the mail you money are withdraw bla bla bla…waiting today for the money on my paypal and again nothing…i think this is a serious problem, i contact him today and just send me a mesagge “i dident check any mail so wait” because i ask him to check about the problem, and NOTHING!

I dont send a DMCA to envato because i dont want to damage anyone but if this is the only solution i will do! Also i have protect my copyright of my design here http://myows.com/

Sorry for my bad english.Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you very much :)

Cheers

1365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Now this is a delicate situation, i personally would contact envato support. But still this is why we cried out for some kind of partnership system.

363 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
OrangeIdea says

Show him this topic. And if you will not get your money, tell as the Author name

590 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
CodeSwift says

Well the support might be able to help out by disabling the item but they can’t do anything about the money.

Not sure what to tell you, if it’s not a big amount of money let the support know what happened and the item gets disabled, nobody earns from it anymore.

140 posts moutheme
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
+1 more
moutheme says

@Anps yeah i think its time to contact Envato support now :)

@OrangeIdea yeah i think this author its active in ThemeForest so its 100% will see this thread :)

@WPScientist i know that Envato cant give me the money so i will wait for any mail from author, and i don’t think its a big big amount but i have work and lost my time for this work… :) so as i said before i don’t want to damage the account of this author, but if this is the only way and he don’t give me a feedback for this problem i will do.

Thank you my friends for all comments :)

140 posts moutheme
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
+1 more
moutheme says

As i see the AUTHOR dont send me any mail, and now im working in DMCA to send it to Envato.

NOTE: AND PLEASE DONT COLLABORAT WITH THIS AUTHOR!

[link removed – please do not call out members on the forum. Thanks! ]

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
pixelentity says

Hey, Sorry to hear about this.

If you are having this amount of trouble getting the first dollar out of that author, then I would advise you to jump out of that deal at light speed! If its like this now, what will it be like in months to come? The trust has been broken and cannot be repaired.

I would advise any author not to collaborate without protecting themselves. Like this situation and many others I have heard from friends working here on TF, it is not as easy as you think to find a skilled WP developer with the required amount of professionalism. Think before you agree with random authors, you could be depending on them to send you monthly earnings for 1-2 years, if the file has a good selling lifespan. This is a serious business deal.

This is why we sign a declaration with each author with whom we collaborate. They are agreeing to licence their work to us to convert it into a WP Theme provided we pay them their agreed share of the monthly earnings as licence fee. Payments dates and methods are all written down and agreed. If payment doesn’t happen then we no longer have a licence to use/sell the author’s work, its a simple as that. This paper makes it all clear for both parties and for Envato, in such case as they require some proof of the collaboration.

So next time you should work with us instead :)

DOK

by
by
by
by
by
by