156 posts ThemeTon
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
themeton says

I have a general question about item status. I know reviewers can turn my item hide/disable anytime.
But how do you think that there have a new possibility to set marketplace items invisible/locked status and only see purchased customers?

Lets say If some of my items have poor quality or very old functions (hard to update) then I don’t want to sell it anymore because new customers face difficulties again. Also I don’t want to hurt current customers and want to keep update it and support on discussion for them. And don’t let people see and purchase it further if they didn’t purchase it.

I created a support ticket about it and staff recommend me posting this idea in the forums to see if other authors are interested in something like this. Then if it’s a popular idea, they’ll pass it along to the Marketplace development team for consideration!

I need your opinion, Thanks all of you

138 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
M-Theme says

+1

125 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
Codestag says

+2

368 posts Design Innovation
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
designova says

+1 This is a Definitely needed feature.

626 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

Sounds like a good idea. Allthough the situation your sketching has some points of dicussion i think.

Because lets say you don’t want to sell a theme anymore because it’s hard to update – but you want to keep it updated for existing buyers.

If you can keep in updated for existing buyers, isn’t that the same as keep it updated for new buyers ?

I do know what you mean though.

But i already know that IF such option will be available one day, it would and should be irreversible: Removing item for everyone except existing buyers should be permanent

509 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

This seems really reasonable, and also shows dedication to your buyers! This is closely related to another request, where authors want to temporarily hide the item from buyers — if the item has a bug, the author would like to prevent further “buggy” copies being sold whilst an fix is implemented and reviewed.

Can’t promise when or how this can be done, but have added it to a very long list of good ideas I’d really like to see happen. Thanks for your thoughts, and definitely keep up the +1s to show interest!

509 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

But i already know that IF such option will be available one day, it would and should be irreversible: Removing item for everyone except existing buyers should be permanent

Why?

35 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
TheMetroGuy says

Because lets say you don’t want to sell a theme anymore because it’s hard to update – but you want to keep it updated for existing buyers.

If you can keep in updated for existing buyers, isn’t that the same as keep it updated for new buyers ?

May be the updates themeton is referring to are limited to fix(s) and not major updates like supporting recent WordPress versions, mobile devices, retina etc keeping with the trend.

156 posts ThemeTon
  • Has referred 100+ members
+7 more
themeton says

Probably few minor issues etc :)

1185 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

+1 is a great idea. :)

by
by
by