37 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
franki says

I think basic contact forms (or even feature rich for that matter) are lacking in the php section. There are only a few available and I for one would like to see a better selection. Going by the quantity sold of the existing 2 or 3 contact forms, I would bet other buyers might agree.

213 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
snaz3d says

What exactely do you expect from a contact form?

94 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JimmyP says

New contact forms are being submitted nearly everyday but we can’t approve them because then we’d simply have too many.

Our policy is to only approve items if something with the same functionality has not yet been submitted – if someone was to submit a contact form but with a couple of unique features that differentiates it from the current selection then we could approve it. But most contact forms being submitted are exactly the same as the current selection.

Plus, another problem: Most people will judge a PHP script by its demo, not by the code behind it. I don’t think people realise what they’re buying in the PHP category – code, just code! ... So, when you say you want to see a “better selection” what do you mean? Are you looking for different functionality? Or just some different designs?

426 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
vasilios says
Plus, another problem: Most people will judge a PHP script by its demo, not by the code behind it. I don’t think people realise what they’re buying in the PHP category – code, just code! ... So, when you say you want to see a “better selection” what do you mean? Are you looking for different functionality? Or just some different designs?

+1

Something that looks pretty can be coded horribly; I wouldn’t want to buy something like that. Make it something that can be easily changed, but has been coded well.

37 posts
franki says

I’m not too concerned with the design. I can adapt to my projects like I usually do with any files purchased here. I would like to see more extensibility in the forms. A few examples are flood control, options to where email can be received (admin and sender), and ability to add/remove fields with ease, database storage and query page, etc. JimmyP – I understand you don’t want to a million of the same forms, who wants that?? I guess my point was there needs to be more unique forms as you said….

2932 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

What about a form that stores all the submissions in a searchable table for the admin? So the admin guy can go in and search for everybody who clicked option X in the contact form, and then download the result as CSV for Excel?

Also supporting optional file attachments and ReCaptcha?

Is that enough new features to be approved? I could throw in a few different “themes” as well that the non-designers could pick from.

Cheers.

37 posts
franki says

thank you dtbaker for your post. As you stated in another thread, the php scripts section seems to be stagnant and on life support (my words, not yours). Honestly I think any useful submission to that area by coders would be a welcome sight..

by
by
by
by
by
by