26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
tc_marites says

Hello Jim! Would you mind sending me full details of the project at mfr.webmax@gmail.com.

104 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Contact me Jim. I can recommend you to someone—What I don’t get is how people are like “write good code”

Valid HTML /CSS is valid—You can’t really get much better then that. One of the guys I’ll recommend will probably do it for 100-200$ and be 100% Valid

164 posts
  • Located in Europe
Cara_design says

@Deriggs – while valid is valid I believe that there can be differences in the quality and way that code is put togehter. Anyway am not a pro so cannot comment properly.

We were wondering if you genuinely have someone who can create 5 pages from unsliced PSD to Wordpress for between 100-200$ and all the HTML /CSS/PHP is valid etc then please email us on cara.pross@gmx.com. Obviously our concept also has some JS elements but its hardly anything so can add that to a quote if it is all possible.

Thanks

104 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Hi, Cara

I understand what you’re saying about quality. The good thing now a days is that if they’re doing it in a valid manner, and can keep it valid, the source is already generally well put together.

Not always, but it’s usually more of a hassle to keep it valid and still not “be well put together” if that makes sense.

If you’re looking for someone who can do what you ask, you will need to contact me instead. I’m a little lazy to start finding clients for others, the clients need to find me for them haha ;)

@Jim—I received your email and sent it to the coder. I know he’s currently working on a project so far but I’m not sure if he has room for another client right this instant or he might have the time, I’m unsure. I’ll send you a follow up reply shortly!

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Little-Neko says

Valid is not enough… testing/debugging/browser compatibility/security check, is a big part of a serious web coder job. Only experienced coders will do it fast. And experience has a price.

However, in some countries, 200$ can be a lot of money…

Btw, thxs for reminding me that old video, still so true : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY

Good luck with your project.

21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
peacegfx says

.... Btw, thxs for reminding me that old video, still so true : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY ...

WTF that suppose to mean? ... you taking piss on me?

104 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Valid is not enough… testing/debugging/browser compatibility/security check, is a big part of a serious web coder job. Only experienced coders will do it fast. And experience has a price.

However, in some countries, 200$ can be a lot of money…

Btw, thxs for reminding me that old video, still so true : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY Good luck with your project.

Yes, that’s a big thing that most developers need to do. However, I disagree that it doesn’t take experience for the bug testing. The more experienced the developer, the less the bugs will pop up. I know that nobody is perfect, but the more experienced and practiced the they are, the less likely the mistakes will appear.

Look, I understand that people do this for a living—Some of us do it as a hobby and don’t mind spending that extra time for something we love to do where the money isn’t as well some stuff ends up “not being worth it”. I don’t need to charge 50$ an hour to write HTML /CSS and spend 10hours X $50 to try to find bug fixes that I know aren’t going to show up. And I don’t need to charge.

I’ve looked at Jims requirements and the design and trying to charge someone $500 for a website like he wanted, that’s just robbery. Furthermore, people that have higher rates might not be worth Jim’s time but on the contrary, they aren’t worth his money either.

P.S—Nice video, but you’d be amazed at how far haggling really goes. It’s not the buyers fault for trying, it’s the sellers for giving in…....

585 posts
AlexFjord says

Im confused the thread started about creating Wordpress yet the last few comments only seem to bring up HTML /CSS? 5 pages from PSD to HTML /CSS – $500 yeah maybe if its easy or pre sliced.

BUT – Wordpress then thats different – there is more than just html/css and what about JS, potentially responsive elements, options panel integration? I can only assume all of these are being left out.

Of course its down to each individual what they charge as a professional or otherwise but I would definitely side with the more experienced people in this thread and say that anyone who can code all that is needed for a functioning WP theme at that speed is not going to come cheaper than $50/hour.

As for why most design/developers charge up to $50+ an hour is because those who do work for free or very cheap (DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY IT IS NOT MEAN OFFENSIVELY ) undermine web professionals. This is exactly why their is a misconception sometimes that what we do is easy, that when some people buy products on here that they expect a hand holding services, 24/7 support or the author to do it for them, as well as the reason why there is sometimes a severe lack of respect for the skills involved in doing this job properly.

Again not taking sides or meaning to offend anyone. Good luck with it.

104 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

I’m not trying to offend those that have really high rates, I’m saying that people can easily find rates and the quality is still there. Too many people bash those with lower rates like they can’t code or that if they don’t charge X amount of dollars, they’re probably not very good and that’s also false.

The major point is that there are people out there that don’t have such high rates that do this not only for extra money but as a hobby or more experience. That being said, as a buyer and a coder—I’d never charge nor pay for $500 to have a website sliced and coded unless it was 10+ unique pages and not even real sub pages at that.

Integrating Wordpress or Joomla is easy compared to other CMS ’s like vBulletin or IPB —The rates should be lower

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Little-Neko says

@wargfx Lol, you are overreacting… if you feel offended by this video, well… ask yourself why. Video just made me laugh and i thought i would share. Peace, man.

@AjexFjord, @Deriggs007 I’m not here to offend anyone, I just pointed out that coding requires skills and experience, like any other jobs, and there s a client trend to think it s as easy as in an Apple advertsing (NO, i do not mean to offend Apple fans). I mean, i didnt make that video, and didnt watch it 2 000 000 times, right?... Coding is not just like : “page is valid, fine, let’s go drink a beer now” (no offense if you drink beer).

More than often “If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys ”, wise man said. And i swear i’m not trying to offend monkeys!

Btw, our friend here didnt asked for a hobbyist but “only people with good experience and portfolio”.

DISCLAIMER : If you feel offended by anything i write here… well, <strike>go to hell you f--ing bas—d</strike>, oops, i meant, i’m very sorry, really, i love you all… :)

by
by
by
by
by
by