308 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
BittLoader says

Hi guys,

I’m ready to upload my first WP template on TF, but i got it a few times soft rejected because of those errors:

• Make sure all the WP default widgets display properly in all widgetized areas.
• It’s a very poor practice to deregister WordPress’ built-in jQuery and load another specific version. Please use the WordPress default javascript library.

There are other 2 issues i can’t handle, but i will give more details to the one who need some quick money (i will pay through PayPal for your help – just let me know your price).

Thanks!

767 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
outandouter says

I’m no “expert” by the definition of the word but I’m pretty sure I can handle these issues for you. Let me know.

EDIT: Never mind.

308 posts
+4 more
BittLoader says

P.S. You must have at least One WordPress template accepted on TF so i will be sure you know how to handle this issue.

152 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
jdsans says

Interested here skype – jdsans

504 posts Premium Website Design
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
SpyroPress says

I can help with this error

Make sure all the WP default widgets display properly in all widgetized areas.

This error means. You have to design all wp core widgets as well. Like calendar, text, tags. You have to design all the widgets including the wp core widgets.

Thanks

332 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
dekciw says

Ok, do this:

1. Install ‘Monster widget’. One widget = All standart WordPress widgets. Style them to fit the theme. You’ll need to add some CSS (shouldn’t be a problem if you did a theme by yourself).

2. Don’t do something like this:

wp_deregister_script('jquery');
wp_register_script('jquery', 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.1/jquery.min.js', false, '1.8.1');
wp_enqueue_script('jquery');

This means that you’re deregistering jQuery bundled with a WP and registering your own, which is a really really bad practice. Get rid of those wp_deregister_script(‘jquery’) and wp_register_script(’....’) function calls.

That’s it. Hope that helps you to get approved! :)

Tom

154 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Cubell says

Those two are quite simple to fix and ones you should really be fixing yourself.

1- Install http://wordpress.org/plugins/monster-widget/ and add the widget to your site. This widget will add all of WordPress’ core widgets, so you can see which ones need styling.

2- WordPress comes with jQuery. If you de-register it to add a specific version it means that your theme will probably have incompatibility issues with some plugins who require WordPress’ jQuery version. Very bad practise and all you need to do is find where in your theme you are de-registering jQuery/loading your own and simply delete all that code.

Good luck :)

308 posts
+4 more
BittLoader says

Hello to ALL,

I already installed Monster widget and made some changes but it is still soft rejected. The reviewer is talking about the sticky posts. My template is an “One-page template” and i don’t need sticky posts. Still so, i created a custom blog page with the default wordpress functions and there i have a list with all posts (as it should work on wordpress).

Also, removed the “deregister” part and used the original jquery library. Still so, i neeed to add some custom js files: flexslider and fancybox. Do you think this is an issue?

Thanks for your great help! You are the best!

I’ll try once more and hope this time it will be accepted.

332 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
dekciw says

If I were you I’d ask a reviewer for more details on that Widgets issue (maybe try asking for a screenshot or so), since I don’t believe that this is because of Sticky Posts. Additionally, try redesigning the widgets (all of standart ones bundled with WordPress) – maybe that would help.

List of bundled JS Plugins / Scripts – be sure not to deregister ANY of those (registering external plugins like fancybox or flexslider is OK)

Tom

308 posts
+4 more
BittLoader says

If I were you I’d ask a reviewer for more details on that Widgets issue (maybe try asking for a screenshot or so), since I don’t believe that this is because of Sticky Posts. Additionally, try redesigning the widgets (all of standart ones bundled with WordPress) – maybe that would help.

List of bundled JS Plugins / Scripts – be sure not to deregister ANY of those (registering external plugins like fancybox or flexslider is OK)

Tom

Thank you so much for that list! This is the screenshot i have from reviewer: http://d.pr/i/dg0

by
by
by
by
by
by