639 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Haiti
Crakken says

@Crakken – hmmm.. well then we need someone to explain why there are html by some author then a WP version of same item by another author as a partnership :)

Several examples on the marketplace.

Just to clarify this is not giving an item away for free – this is wanting to pass your PSD for someone to make in to HTML – or HTML in to WP etc with permission. Bit of a difference.

Jonathan

Exactly! I’ve seen this done before. I think it’s the same thing as if the two authors created an account to work together.

1401 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

I’m sure they made an agreement and one of the authors purchased an extended license. Sounds to me that’s they only way you can do it…

639 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Haiti
Crakken says

I’m sure they made an agreement and one of the authors purchased an extended license. Sounds to me that’s they only way you can do it…

How can you be so sure?

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

just a note – copyright of an authors file belongs to the author – if he wants to partner with someone to use his item to create another different product based on his original in a different format (graphic layout becomes HTML ) then surely that is the authors choice to create that partnership and be compensated. It’s not like you are selling the new item out of the Envato marketplaces… they just now earn more money from an adapted different product.

639 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Haiti
Crakken says

just a note – copyright of an authors file belongs to the author – if he wants to partner with someone to use his item to create another different product based on his original in a different format (graphic layout becomes HTML ) then surely that is the authors choice to create that partnership and be compensated. It’s not like you are selling the new item out of the Envato marketplaces… they just now earn more money from an adapted different product.

That’s what I knew too.

5385 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Wouldnt it be easier for author of item A have a input box on his item edit page, to authorise author B to create works based off that item, then envato set up automted commission split of Author B’s item sales.

So on author A item page, in his profile. A input box, ” enter author name you wish to partner with for creative works of this item” Enter author B’s username. Then when author B creates an item, using item A the system automates the split.

639 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Haiti
Crakken says

Wouldnt it be easier for author of item A have a input box on his item edit page, to authorise author B to create works based off that item, then envato set up automted commission split of Author B’s item sales. So on author A item page, in his profile. A input box, ” enter author name you wish to partner with for creative works of this item” Enter author B’s username. Then when author B creates an item, using item A the system automates the split.

There should also be an option for author A to choose the percentage of incomes.

by
by
by
by
by
by