861 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Another option to get you started is the excellent Albion from Spitfire, and will give you a variety of orchestral instruments, distopia, percussion, etc… Well worth checking out.

I have EWSC +VOTA Expansion, and think it’s actually pretty good considering it’s age. It was part of CCC which was on sale (70% discount). I tend not to use the word builder though as I find it all too tedious. When the chance arises, I will be changing to another library, probable Requiem or MARS .

491 posts Think pink.
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+6 more
pinkzebra says

I understand this situation, but as composers we are lucky. If you think how much a professional violinist will spend on their equipment, ($100,000 or more), this cost is very small. If you are choosing composing as a career you need to make the appropriate investments and plan for them. This advice was given at a Q & A at the Grammy museum by some guy called Hans Zimmer. ;)

The thing is, after 10 years the violin will be worth $120k and the music computer with libraries will be worth $100. :)

861 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
gbiasillo says

The thing is, after 10 years the violin will be worth $120k and the music computer with libraries will be worth $100. :)

Haha, ain’t that the truth!

One thing I forgot to mention is that you should look out for sales, which happen fairly frequently. If you can hold out until November, there are a TON of HUGE discounted libraries up for grabs during the thanks givings sales.

332 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
palmtreep says

For those who are not to keen on East West symphonic choirs, what are the cons of the program?

I have EW Choirs + Expansion as well. It’s not a horrible library by any means, but alas, it isn’t the best either. There’s pros and cons to every program/vst/sequencer/ect. The key is using them to their full potential and figuring out what works with them. From my experience so far with EW Choirs, it’s pretty simple to use. Load up a multi and play away (no pun intended). As for the Wordbuilder program, it works nicely, but depends on which words you use. It takes some small editing and tweeking to perfect sounds like “AY” as in the word “Day”. But you have a nice range of what you can do with it, as well as solo out sections (Sopranos, Altos, Tenors, Basses) and the expansion (VOTA) give it even more depth with more “intense” sounding choirs. I haven’t tried any of the other choir libraries mentioned, but I have looked in to them. If EW Choirs isn’t your way to go, then by all means Requiem is probably the way to go. Keep in mind that Requiem, I don’t think, has a “text to choir” method. It’s more based off of sound type/noise type (Ah, Ruh, Sai, ect). I haven’t really heard much from Voxos however.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with what I can get from EW Choirs. I haven’t had really any problems with it.

by
by
by
by
by
by