374 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
_rohan says

Well, I’m making an HTML theme. The PSD for the Home page is complete, and I’m nearly done with another generic one for other pages(such as About, etcetera).

Should I include separate PSDs for Contact and Portfolio? The actual structure of the theme isn’t really different. The main differences are in page content, which will be represented by the HTML files.

What is your opinion?

Thanks so much for answering.

233 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chilly_orange says

Just provide whatever is needed for a buyer to make it easy to customize the theme. When certain pages don’t include lot’s of elements unique to that page, making a separate PSD wouldn’t be necessary. Then again, including separate PSD files might boost sales, so in the end it’s really a judgement call.

I don’t have much experience selling here on TH with only one theme present, so I can’t say much about the difference in sales between themes with separate PSD files for each page and themes with only one or two PSD files.

374 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
_rohan says
Just provide whatever is needed for a buyer to make it easy to customize the theme. When certain pages don’t include lot’s of elements unique to that page, making a separate PSD wouldn’t be necessary. Then again, including separate PSD files might boost sales, so in the end it’s really a judgement call. I don’t have much experience selling here on TH with only one theme present, so I can’t say much about the difference in sales between themes with separate PSD files for each page and themes with only one or two PSD files.

I guess you’re right. I’ll have to make a call on what exactly needs to be done. Thanks.

Meanwhile, would anyone else like to tell me how their sales with/without more PSDs were?

by
by
by
by
by
by