178 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
kvendrik says

Hi Guys,

Below is a screenshot of a social media project I’m working on. I’m kind of stuck since I’m not satisfied with this but I can’t quite seem to figer out what to improve and how to improve it. Would be great to get some feedback and ideas.

Thanks, :)

3072 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

^ this thing screams Dribbbbbbbbbbbble! :)
The blurred bg as too much noise/objects, it’s distracting. And it’s overused on Dribbble!! :)

178 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
kvendrik says

^ this thing screams Dribbbbbbbbbbbble! :)
The blurred bg as too much noise/objects, it’s distracting. And it’s overused on Dribbble!! :)

Well I’m using it for a specific reason. It randomizes the BG so it displays a different street from somewhere around the world every time the visitor refreshes the page to portray globalization. :)

7290 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

lower the brightness of the background image, is distracting.

the circle with the face is disturbing and illogical. If you are not signed in how can your face be there?

give priority to sign in using facebook or twitter and provide a fall back to inhouse login. check scribd for an example of this type of login.

178 posts
+3 more
kvendrik says

the circle with the face is disturbing and illogical. If you are not signed in how can your face be there?

give priority to sign in using facebook or twitter and provide a fall back to inhouse login. check scribd for an example of this type of login.

The avatar and username can be there using a cookie. If there is no cookie found then it will display a default avatar.

639 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Crakken says

+1 and some rounded corners can make the affair.

178 posts
+3 more
kvendrik says

+1 and some rounded corners can make the affair.

There are only rounded corners?

639 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Crakken says

Oh, sorry. Didn’t zoom enough on my iPod.

178 posts
+3 more
kvendrik says

Oh, sorry. Didn’t zoom enough on my iPod.

No problem :P

14 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Clevertail says

Perhaps desaturate all the images that will be used in the background, this will draw the focal attention to the login form and social connection options without being too distracting.

I like the concept of having the background change each time the page is refreshed, or each time a login attempt Is made. Also, perhaps style the users “Username” and “Password” field to the same style of the users disay picture/ avatar.

Here are a couple images of the OSX login screen for reference and inspiration:

http://blog.jamesdekker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mac-osx-with-css3-login-page.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e9hKBw3TzM4/Tic1_JZ2EAI/AAAAAAAAAPw/8zjANCBNYSw/s1600/login.png

by
by
by
by
by
by