• Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
simlos says

hello,

i am preparing my first ae template for videohive and now i need some advices regarding the versions – i should release.

actually everything is done in ae 5.5 and its easy to convert to cs. 5.0, form and particular layer are prerendered because i used camera dof and want to release with fast render times.

the user has alot of easy custumization options.

cause of some older client projects, i still have ae cs4 installed, but i don’t want to convert the whole project, if there is no real sales benefit :).

so i need some experience advices if its worth the work.

best regrads and thx

simlos

49 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
MonchoMasse says

I create my first template in CS5 and lots of potential customers were telling me if they could have it on CS4 , so I convert it, and since then I always create my items in CS4 . I think nowadays most of our customers use CS5 and above, but you will lose the sales of those CS4 users. Maybe they are not to many, but in my opinion every sale is important.

If you decide to convert it, remember that you have a great tool called Open Sesame.

44 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
simlos says

thx for the quick reply.

i will check the tool, cause i also used cs4 till december last year, not only the upgrade costs for adobe suite which are nothing compared to the costs of plugins i also had to upgrade and reinstall ;) i think there are more users out there who still use cs4.

simlos

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

thx for the quick reply.

i will check the tool, cause i also used cs4 till december last year, not only the upgrade costs for adobe suite which are nothing compared to the costs of plugins i also had to upgrade and reinstall ;) i think there are more users out there who still use cs4.

simlos

I personally think that the time has come to drop CS4 .

When I first kicked off with Videohive, three years ago, I was producing in CS3 . At the time, that was effectively 2 years back. To go two years back from now is CS5 .

Owning After Effects is easier and cheaper than ever before. There’s a free 30 day trial and the advantages to using CS5 over CS4 are many.

44 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
simlos says

thx felt tips,

i think – i will try starting with cs 5.0 on this template – cause its my first selling template and i had lots of work to organize and structure it for the clients needs. so i don’t want to spent more time in that project.

its totally different to produce stuff over years with your own workflow and a template for unknown clients with different skills :). i guess the second will be much faster.

simlos

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to, but it actually feeds back into the freelance work / day job in a pretty positive way too.

by
by
by
by
by
by