16 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
temagami says

Hi all,

I’ve purchased a few templates from Themeforest and one of them I use for our small district union website. Now, I may not be the one editing this site forever and ever; so I need it to look WYSIWYG on dreamweaver in case someone who can not code has to update it.

I e-mailed the original author and he in unavailable for freelance work.

I thought that prehaps it’s a tweak in the CSS files but I’m not sure how to do it myself. So if anyone could help and provide a cost that would be great. I’ve piggybacked the site on another site of mine until I can go live with it in October.

http://www.martialartstournaments.ca/union/

suggestions?

Thanks! Doug

douglasthompson@cogeco.ca
486 posts Premium Website Design
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
SpyroPress says

Contact us with full detail.

Mail: info@spyropress.com

Thanks

16 posts
  • Canada
temagami says

Hi,

Well the full details of my requirements is that I want the website to look WYSIWYG on dreamweaver. That’s it.

574 posts
AlexFjord says

Is that not kind of what the “design mode” of Dreamweaver is? How do you envisage it to work? If you are talking about more advanced stuff then you will be hard pushed to piggyback any further tools onto Dreamweaver (otherwise Adobe would have done it) and even if you could you will be talking serious serious costs.

16 posts
  • Canada
temagami says

Exactly. When on design mode everything is askew. Even when I load the CSS background don’t show up ; nothing is in the right spot. But I can change something and upload it and it looks fine. It’s just all screwey on dreamweaver. If the secretary wants to edit the site she can not code. So I just want it to look the same in dreamweaver as it does online.

574 posts
AlexFjord says

Unfortunately depending on the code behind your site the fact it looks “askew” may well be the case with any other editing tool. If you start ripping it up then you are potentially going to cause bigger issues.

That aside – there is still far more danger of something more servere going wrong when inexperienced people use even design mode in Dreweaver over for example a CMS like WP or Joomla. Also if these people really do not get code at all can they really handle using to reload the site into the correct location?!

325 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
-bianca- says

Unfortunately depending on the code behind your site the fact it looks “askew” may well be the case with any other editing tool. If you start ripping it up then you are potentially going to cause bigger issues.

That aside – there is still far more danger of something more servere going wrong when inexperienced people use even design mode in Dreweaver over for example a CMS like WP or Joomla. Also if these people really do not get code at all can they really handle using to reload the site into the correct location?!

+1
This is not possible due to the nature of the code. However if you can code a bit it may be worth a try to convert your template to a simple CMS system. In that way your client is able to make adjustments to it later. Though Worpress may be a bit complex to convert it to quickly there are systems like gpEasy or getSimple etc.

574 posts
AlexFjord says

Though Worpress may be a bit complex to convert it to quickly there are systems like gpEasy or getSimple etc.
Good point – WP might be a little ambitious to begin with!
16 posts
  • Canada
temagami says

Also, Whomever wishes to edit the site after I’m gone may add and remove whole sections of the site so wordpress may not be the solution. Anyhow, I’ve had some people email me all wanting to build a CMS website – All I want is it to look decent in Dreamweaver. At present it looks like this:

http://osstfd20.ca/images/site.jpg

I also tried Microsoft Web Expression 4 – no dice

325 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
-bianca- says
Anyhow, I’ve had some people email me all wanting to build a CMS website
They all offer that kind of solution because what you ask for simply cannot be done unless you cut down to a minimal design with standards from way back.

HTML and css standards became more advanced over the last couple of years (CSS3 HTML5) making the design look messy in the WYSIWYG editor. I do not believe there are editors who do better though…. CMS is your best bet and like I said earlier a more simple cms would be better. And if you implement it well it may even be possible for these people to delete whole sections.
But my advice rather would be to educate your customer. Sorry to say that the solution (request) you have in mind simply won’t work. It would have been a couple of years ago but time has changed. Goodluck with this.
by
by
by
by
by
by