Firstly, thanks for taking the time to consider helping me. I have posted yesterday on the template maker’s forum but heard nothing yet and time is important here.
I bought this website template: http://themeforest.net/item/studio960-by-cudazi/101167. I need to have it up and running in a couple of days. I have experience in making two other websites from templates but not as advanced as this. They were made using RapidWeaver, a Mac only software that is idiot proof really.
Anyway, I would like to know the steps to follow in customizing the template. I am using Coda for the design changes and Transmit to upload the template to my server.
Do I simply load one of the .html files that I want to use and change the code in edit? Then what? How do I save the pages (there will be six including the landing page) and combine them to be uploaded? Massive steps missing I am certain, if you can point me in the right direction…. it would be sweet. I am bright enough but do not want to waste hours changing code only to find it was not the best way.
I have some html experience, altering the code is not that hard really. I keep it simple.
If this seems I have taken on too much, is it easier for me to use a WordPress template?
Hey Kurasawa, not really sure what you are asking here.
The template comes with all the files you need. You have mentioned you are going to be using Coda, so open the file you want to customise and start changing the code.
Once you are happy with any layout changes you have made, you can just start to add the content, or edit the dummy content that might be there from the template.
If there is no dummy content, then you could always ask the theme developer for the content they used on the demo.
If you are unsure, why not do this…
1. Make a copy of the folders and files that come with the template (so you always have the originals to fall back on)
2. Open the index file in Coda and in your browser
3. Every time you make a change to the code, just refresh the browser and see if you like the changes.
4. Once you have all the changes done, just copy the files to your host and your done.
Just a note: If you are using any php you might need to install MAMP and run the site locally this way, before uploading to your host.
Hope that helps
Thanks so much godonholiday, I will give it a try and post my results so others can learn from it.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.