I hope someone can help me with this. It is quite urgent seeing as this has to do with one of my items. Now this isn’t self promotion and I need help because people won’t be able to view the demo properly.
The themeforest iFrame is causing an error in my jquery: Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin “http://development.daretogeek.com” from accessing a frame with origin “http://themeforest.net”. Protocols, domains, and ports must match.
It’s breaking everything. It only does this on a demo that has a full page video background.
Can someone please help me solve this. I know themeforest support takes years to get back to you, so I thought the community would be the best place to ask for help.
Will greatly appreciate it!!
I found a temporary solution to it. But it’s by removing the themeforest top bar. I don’t really want to do this, so if there is any other way around it I would appreciate some help still.Here is my solution if anyone else needs a quick fix. Add this to the top of your HTML file.
<script>if ( top !== self ) top.location.replace( self.location.href );</script>
Unfortunately the themeforest iframe bar has been an issue for a while, a lot of the time it completely crashes the browser on iPad. In my experience, envato have always reacted to this news with surprise, but nothing seems to be done about the issue despite it being brought up a number of times.
I would stick with your current method of removing the bar completely until a more reliable solution is implemented by envato.
That’s quite unfortunate that they haven’t fixed it if it’s been a problem for a while. Thanks though, didn’t think there was going to be much of a solution that we could pull off on our sides.
It just really caught me off guard when I found out that this was happening, made me worry about how many people might have just looked at the template and thought it was broken and moved on…