159 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ThemeProfuse says

hi all i need wordpress coder with 50-50 of sale. if any one interested then reply me or contact me via my profile.

1766 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Don’t you think 50-50 is a little bit not too fair? The WP developer has more work to do, has to ensure compatibility with the latest wordpress versions, with 3rd party plugins, has to code a theme options panel, etc etc.

159 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ThemeProfuse says

Don’t you think 50-50 is a little bit not too fair? The WP developer has more work to do, has to ensure compatibility with the latest wordpress versions, with 3rd party plugins, has to code a theme options panel, etc etc.
But you get Complete HTML . Design or html take much time to finish & very hard work to submit it in themeforest from intentional level
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

HTML is not even close to WP coding, do you know what coding the theme in WP implies in order to make a top theme?

273 posts
+3 more
pebas says

@Bhagwati

50:50 is 100% fair deal and do not lower your part. As soon as you make some nice good seller theme WP developers will contact you believe me. :)

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

100% fair deal you say? If he’s reffering to his theme, I’m afraid it’s quite too generic for me, it’s not responsive, it doesn’t have shortcodes, page templates so it’s all the developer’s job.

As far as I can see on your profile, you’re a designer and not a developer, so obviously you want 50%, which is OBVIOUSLY not a fair price. The developer must offer support, must keep his code updated, must fix the bugs, you don’t care at all about any of this stuff.

124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belarus
+1 more
Themico says

100% fair deal you say? If he’s reffering to his theme, I’m afraid it’s quite too generic for me, it’s not responsive, it doesn’t have shortcodes, page templates so it’s all the developer’s job. As far as I can see on your profile, you’re a designer and not a developer, so obviously you want 50%, which is OBVIOUSLY not a fair price. The developer must offer support, must keep his code updated, must fix the bugs, you don’t care at all about any of this stuff.

If developer start with complete HTML template – it is fair. Responsive layout (if it is responsive), shortcodes markup – all is prepared on HTML stage. WP developer is more a programmer, than a designer or coder.

I make design -> HTML template -> WP integration many times and in my experience it is 100% fair. Planning and designing is very hard, then you need to code the template. And only then WP developer start to work. There are a lot of ready code snippets, option panels today. All is ready for WP, you can find any answer. You can build advanced WP theme without problems if you have experience.

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

If the developer gets all the options and has nothing else to develop itself, yes, the price sounds fair. But my answer was based on his theme which I suppose he wants to transfer to WP and split 50-50 with a dev.

124 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belarus
+1 more
Themico says

If the developer gets all the options and has nothing else to develop itself, yes, the price sounds fair. But my answer was based on his theme which I suppose he wants to transfer to WP and split 50-50 with a dev.

What is the problem with his Enoupps template? It if fully ready HTML template. WP dev job:

1) create wp templates using HTML template (1 day);

2) create shortcodes and generator (HTML elements ready, get any ready generator code and let’s go :) (0.5 day)

3) create options panel with ready solution like Options Panel Framework (1 day)

4) the hardest thing – custom widgets and widget areas, their flexibility (2 days)

5) other small things and features, testing, demo version, docs (4 days)

Totally about 8-10 days of honest work for a good (not great) developer. Do you think designing, coding HTML template get less time, efforts and professionalism?

153 posts I think about colours
  • Located in Greece
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SkatDesign says

What is the problem with his Enoupps template? It if fully ready HTML template. WP dev job:

1) create wp templates using HTML template (1 day);

2) create shortcodes and generator (HTML elements ready, get any ready generator code and let’s go :) (0.5 day)

3) create options panel with ready solution like Options Panel Framework (1 day)

4) the hardest thing – custom widgets and widget areas, their flexibility (2 days)

5) other small things and features, testing, demo version, docs (4 days)

Totally about 8-10 days of honest work for a good (not great) developer. Do you think designing, coding HTML template get less time, efforts and professionalism?

You forgot the most time consuming thing: support ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by