54 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Slovenia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
psvent says

You can try your luck here Build It With Me.

74 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Panama
solybarr says

Hello, did you ever find someone to partner with? I sent a message via email,

Regards, Sol

88 posts
marcopolo488 says

Don’t you think 50-50 is a little bit not too fair? The WP developer has more work to do, has to ensure compatibility with the latest wordpress versions, with 3rd party plugins, has to code a theme options panel, etc etc.

50-50 does not seem fair, but considering the fact that at least for the most part good designers have to come up with a design that would be attractive enough for consistent sales (and remember, the design has to be unique, and the designers next theme would have to be entirely different) I think it seems fair that he/she gets 50%. Remember, the designer has to constantly keep coming up with innovative designs that he or she has to for the most part create from scratch. Good designers are hard to come by. :)

1462 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
Anps says

Don’t you think 50-50 is a little bit not too fair? The WP developer has more work to do, has to ensure compatibility with the latest wordpress versions, with 3rd party plugins, has to code a theme options panel, etc etc.
50-50 does not seem fair, but considering the fact that at least for the most part good designers have to come up with a design that would be attractive enough for consistent sales (and remember, the design has to be unique, and the designers next theme would have to be entirely different) I think it seems fair that he/she gets 50%. Remember, the designer has to constantly keep coming up with innovative designs that he or she has to for the most part create from scratch. Good designers are hard to come by. :)

Been wathing for answer like this!

+10000000000

Some programmers love to degrade design skills, with reason “it takes more skill and time to programe something”, really weird thinking since design process is subjective programing is not, thos its alot harder to make a good design that we satisfy the majority… remember programer cannot sell without good design and good design cannot sell without programer… hmmm wait… no, yes they can not alot but they can :):):) (we are talking about themeforest not plugins :P )

That is why 50%-50% is fair even without html. It isn’t the point of how long it takes you to build it, the design process is an idea…

74 posts
  • Located in Panama
solybarr says

Im not certain programmers and designers will ever reach an agreement in this.. We both have valuable skills and work hard (very hard) to get the product out..

As a dev, my worry is I will always have to support the product.. and when new versions of the CMS come out I have to make sure its compatible.. and there are always X plugins that crash with my product.. It feels never-ending.. I think perhaps thats why we feel 50% is too low..

However it has been mentioned (in this thread) that support is not that difficult.. But I wonder, what about the people at Kriesi or Template Square that have SO many sales.. they need support staff, and that ($$) has to come out of those earnings.. 50 % of already 50% you split with Envato.. [Yes Im thinking big! lol]

But I digress… we ALL have unique talents and skills.. and we should respect that!

have a great day… Sunshine

1462 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

You can invest some money, open up officies and build upa team that you give salary :) And your the 100% boss :)

74 posts
  • Located in Panama
solybarr says

You can invest some money, open up officies and build upa team that you give salary :) And your the 100% boss :)

I like it!

1768 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

For those who say 50-50 is fair… Why the salaries for a top web developer differs from a salary for a top web designer? They should make the same money from your point of view, right?

74 posts
  • Located in Panama
solybarr says

For those who say 50-50 is fair… Why the salaries for a top web developer differs from a salary for a top web designer? They should make the same money from your point of view, right?

Here in Panama, Designers do make less money than programmers, however BOTH earn little compared to other countries..

In designers defense.. The teams Ive worked with always have a designer, and they work really hard.. and make a big effort to learn to at least code valid layouts and even Drupal themes!

As a newbie author, I might take a 50-50 partnership.. however in the end I would much prefer a Limited Re-purposing situation. S.

1768 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

All the companies in this niche have both good designers and coders, but just think of why the coders are paid better than the designers…

And not just in one country, but world-wide.

And here I include basic programming knowledge(basic PHP , WP / Joomla / Drupal knowledge / etc). One elite programmer earns WAY more than a designer. Just sayin’

by
by
by
by
by
by