3220 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

there are a few authors that seem they deliberately leave negative comments, theres a difference from saying “hey sweet work, Ive noticed a css bug in IE” and just being negative.

I honestly don’t think items should have comments sections at all it should be reviews and a support tab(can’t leave a review without purchase)

personally if I see something wrong with a theme I tweet the author or send them a DM, actually even is I want to say the theme looks great I tweet them seems more personable than just leaving a comment

1734 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

I honestly don’t think items should have comments sections at all it should be reviews and a support tab (can’t leave a review without purchase)
As a buyer I strongly disagree – for some themes I have 2 or 3 questions that I’d like to ask before purchasing.
51 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Authentic says

“If you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all” comes to mind; if there is an issue of course send a quick email over to the theme author informing him so, no need to bring it into the public domain unless it infringes on someone else’s work.

4195 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Honestly, it would be great if comments would be disabled for authors all together. Basically, if you purchase the file, you can comment on the item, if you don’t, then contact me through my profile. Simple, clean, elegant, no fuss.

Item comments – for item purchases. Need help? Use the contact form on my profile! :)

3220 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Honestly, it would be great if comments would be disabled for authors all together. Basically, if you purchase the file, you can comment on the item, if you don’t, then contact me through my profile. Simple, clean, elegant, no fuss. Item comments – for item purchases. Need help? Use the contact form on my profile! :)

or contact forms on the items page as well

2215 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

Honestly, it would be great if comments would be disabled for authors all together. Basically, if you purchase the file, you can comment on the item, if you don’t, then contact me through my profile. Simple, clean, elegant, no fuss. Item comments – for item purchases. Need help? Use the contact form on my profile! :)

Not good at all. That would be just another step a buyer would need to take in order to clear his/her pre-purchase doubts off. A buyer wants to purchase something, has questions, asks them, if they’re answered positively the buyer purchases that item. Forcing them to go to our profile-pages and send us an email (which already implies a more sophisticated sort of text, instead of a simple comment) our sales would go down.

303 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
ignitethemes says

I have to agree with the “nothing nice to say, don’t say anything” philosophy. If you genuinely care about helping an author out then send them a pm, posting negative comments and back handed compliments are the same imo.

It would be nice if none buyer comments had to be approved by an author before getting posted, and buyer comments of course no approval.

4195 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Not good at all. That would be just another step a buyer would need to take in order to clear his/her pre-purchase doubts off. A buyer wants to purchase something, has questions, asks them, if they’re answered positively the buyer purchases that item. Forcing them to go to our profile-pages and send us an email (which already implies a more sophisticated sort of text, instead of a simple comment) our sales would go down.

I doubt that someone who WANTS to buy a file will be annoyed by this process. If you want something, you go through the necessary steps to get it. If you want to ask everything there is to know about a file, than perfect for me if you don’t buy it, because that person will probably rate it 1 star anyway because they have no idea what a href stands for! :)

If you ask me, and this is just my personal 0.02$ it would increase the quality of the marketplaces drastically and also, increase the quality and importance of ratings. Because at the moment, there are files rated 3 stars that deserve 5 and the other way around as well.

This method would remove all unnecessary wow’s off the item comments and would strictly leave the BUYERS discussions. If there is anything that needs to be answered or is asked too many times via email, well, we have a FAQ page don’t we? We can add them there! ;)

My humble opinion as an author! :)

1431 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
    Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

I doubt that someone who WANTS to buy a file will be annoyed by this process. If you want something, you go through the necessary steps to get it. If you want to ask everything there is to know about a file, than perfect for me if you don’t buy it, because that person will probably rate it 1 star anyway because they have no idea what a href stands for! :)

If you ask me, and this is just my personal 0.02$ it would increase the quality of the marketplaces drastically and also, increase the quality and importance of ratings. Because at the moment, there are files rated 3 stars that deserve 5 and the other way around as well.

This method would remove all unnecessary wow’s off the item comments and would strictly leave the BUYERS discussions. If there is anything that needs to be answered or is asked too many times via email, well, we have a FAQ page don’t we? We can add them there! ;)

My humble opinion as an author! :)

+1 nice suggestion.

1420 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

+1 – get rid of the comments tab and replace it with reviews that only buyers can post in. That way if an author wants to “bash” your item, they at least have to buy it first :)

by
by
by
by
by
by