629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

This issue has come up since the comment system was added 3 or so years ago… good luck :D
“Its in the Pipeline”…
:D
4509 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

I think the final point Envato comes back with about this topic, is that if they gave authors too much control over comments, it would remove that community feel the site has, which has made it so popular. Although if a persons comment is completely unfair, and negative you can always have it flagged and reviewed. Otherwise I’d suggest just ignoring those comments, and focusing on making files. Also don’t try respond in a negative way either, it just fuels things.

This is the internet, everyone has their own opinions, but just because one person said something, it doesn’t necessarily mean others will agree with it ;)

SelfPublishServices
SelfPublishServices Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SelfPublishServices says

Also don’t try respond in a negative way either, it just fuels things.

This is the most important thing to remember. As well as it fuelling things, you should remember that your replies can hurt you much more than any comments. When making purchases users want to be sure of dealing with somebody who is professional.

Also, by not replying in the same way when you have a problem with somebody’s comments, it drives them crazy ;)

4509 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

Also don’t try respond in a negative way either, it just fuels things.

This is the most important thing to remember. As well as it fuelling things, you should remember that your replies can hurt you much more than any comments. When making purchases users want to be sure of dealing with somebody who is professional.

Also, by not replying in the same way when you have a problem with somebody’s comments, it drives them crazy ;)

Yup exactly why if you look at youtube videos, and say for example its something totally random like cats falling off things, and you read the comments and it’s somtimes the most unrelated, ignorant, offensive comments going on between users. Just because one person said one thing negative and then another said something back, and it gets out of hand. Remember: “you can’t win an argument on the internet!” haha… Most powerful thing you can do, is always be positive in your responses, no matter how negative the replies. In the end the person trying to be negative will lose popularity, and his voice. Nothing good comes out of being negative, positiveness always prevails.

449 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Final_Step says

Personally speaking, I try to stay as positive as possible when commenting on items. I also comment only on items I like or find interesting so the positive comment is not “forced”. As for commenting negatively, it does seem pretty disrespecting behavior, authors are aware of the fact that buyers review comments, a negative comment might drop the sales.

184 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Serbia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Sonic_System says

Personally speaking, I try to stay as positive as possible when commenting on items. I also comment only on items I like or find interesting so the positive comment is not “forced”. As for commenting negatively, it does seem pretty disrespecting behavior, authors are aware of the fact that buyers review comments, a negative comment might drop the sales.

+1. I’m a member of AudioJungle for just over a week and received only positive comments, so I was not aware of this kind of behaviour. If you really want to help authors by pointing out that something is wrong with their item, you can always use e-mail.

by
by
by
by
by
by