1842 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

So, one guy buys my business card and immediately gives me negative rating. A five star business card is now a 4 star business card.

I know that the rating was given just as he downloaded the card. I refreshed and the rating changed soon after. So clearly he was on to drop my ratings.

I absolutely don’t mind if the rating is justified and fair and if the buyers provide valid reasons as to why the item deserves a lesser than 5 rating.

PLEASE ENVATO HELP US …...

1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
CarlosViloria says

A rating system without justification, is obsolete

1119 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+3 more
WonderArt says

it happens to me also.. they should add any option that the author will see which buyer is rating and a mandatory comment box why he/she not giving 5 star… that will help us to provide full satisfactory in items.. and will decrease the chance of bad ratings/ unjustified ratings…

help us ENVATO

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Moderator says

I read an article recently on Mashable talking about whether Google’s option to link YouTube accounts to Google+ would reduce the amount of bullying and insulting comments because the user could no longer hide behind an avatar.

Maybe having a public comment for each rating would help reduce the amount of deliberate rate-daming votes given.

27 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Slovakia
+2 more
hrivis says

It’s clearly dirty sabotage. Happens to me twice.

102 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
adrijusg says

I read an article recently on Mashable talking about whether Google’s option to link YouTube accounts to Google+ would reduce the amount of bullying and insulting comments because the user could no longer hide behind an avatar. Maybe having a public comment for each rating would help reduce the amount of deliberate rate-daming votes given.

Forcing to use real identity would work. In GR, yeah there should be public comments on each rating, not shorter than let’s say 10 words (helps provide feedback not just ’’awesome’’ or ’’cool stuff’‘).

1117 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
TanyDi says

I have a question about rating system:

For example i have 35 ratings – 4 of them are for one item, the rest 31 are for different items. I don’t know which are these 31 items and maybe i’ll never know.

I see 5 stars rating but what if somebody gave me less than 5 stars for item that has no rating till now?

And why buyers gave rating so rare – don’t like the item or don’t like to rate ?

315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+7 more
brandtz says

It could also very well be a mistake.

I clicked wrong several times at the stars, and there is no way to undo …

There should of course be a confirm button … Select number of stars, and then confirm.

I’ve talked with several who have experienced the above …

However, I fully agree with this rating system needs to be tightened.

It should be mandatory that the customer tells what they believe are not living up to his expectations before judging a given file. If not, it is quite useless to both parties in the long term.

Even on audiojungle where I also have a profile, the ratings make no sense at all. The customer can of course immediately hear what you invest in. So it makes no sense if you give a file a bad score there.

1842 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

It could also very well be a mistake. I clicked wrong several times at the stars, and there is no way to undo …

Yes! you can change the rating at anytime you wish by simply clicking the stars.

315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+7 more
brandtz says

It could also very well be a mistake. I clicked wrong several times at the stars, and there is no way to undo …
Yes! you can change the rating at anytime you wish by simply clicking the stars.

That is very new for me… I’ll try…..

by
by
by
by
by
by