• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

Hello guys… i think now i am a little bit upset and i explaining exactly why. I think the revision in the latest time became unaccapptable and incoherent. Moreover, full of contradictions in fact. I have uploaded a keynote presentation, which one was rejected with the following comments 5 days ago:

1) You can't include any fonts being used. As this could be considered a copyright violation we are required to report this to our Support team if it happens again.

2) Typography requires a bit more work. I suggest a different font and that you work on the leading, kearning, anti-alising, etc ..

Right… I said thank you for the advises and notices. Made the changes, change and remove the font. Fix everything. After change the font, obviously made all the changes with the typograpy and uploading again. Should i say? They rejected again, but the following comments right now:

1) The presentation requires more work. Typography is out and requires improvements.

I can not complain with a comment like this. After 12 years proffessional work my opinion is, the typography is correct and well designed. Yes, that could be possible some people don't like it, but this is not an objective opinion. Personally i dont like the new Mercedes design, but in the professional way, my opinion should not depends on my personal impression, or what i like or what i dont like. Who dont like this kind of typo, they don't have to buy it.

2) All GraphicRiver submissions should include at least one word for each tag category. Please provide suggested keywords in the "Tags" section in your submission in order to help buyers find your file. For information on effective tags, see our guide: http://wiki.envato.com/selling/tips-selling/effective-tags/

I have put "carbon, design" but its ok… next time i will put more… But this is also a contradiction.

3) Unfortunately, it appears there's a problem with your Preview Image Set. Preview Image Sets should be zipped files which contain ONLY additional JPG previews of your submission. JPGs should typically be no larger than 900×900 pixels for easy viewing. JPGs should be named in a numeric order which will dictate the order in which they're shown (i.e., 01_design.jpg, 02_closeup.jpg, 03_colorvariation.jpg…). Please do not include any other files in your Preview Set, and please do not include your preview JPGs in the main submission.

??? >>>

4) Preview image must be a single jpg image of 590px wide.

Yes i know, and even there are some people uploading 2500px wide preview pictures and reviewers are accept it mine was 590px wide. Just as you see underneath

5) You will need to remove the images from the file.

Well, those images are 100% free, even commercial use as well. There is an exact an well understandable explanation on the following links, what i also posted to them. As i see there is a lot of templates contains pictures and other elements. Especially because if they remove it, then how the users would change to their own picure?

Also in the first feedback why it was not a problem and now it is?

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

138 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Sealord says
dekurvajo said
3) Unfortunately, it appears there's a problem with your Preview Image Set. Preview Image Sets should be zipped files which contain ONLY additional JPG previews of your submission. JPGs should typically be no larger than 900×900 pixels for easy viewing. JPGs should be named in a numeric order which will dictate the order in which they're shown (i.e., 01_design.jpg, 02_closeup.jpg, 03_colorvariation.jpg…). Please do not include any other files in your Preview Set, and please do not include your preview JPGs in the main submission.

I received this soft-rejection message even in the past and it stays in conflict with the information provided on the upload page, since there it states:

ZIP file of images (png/jpg) w/ optional text descriptions for display on the site

PNG and JPG files! ;)

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Are you including a font in your zip file?

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says
quickandeasy said
Are you including a font in your zip file?

In the first time i did yes. Second time i have removed. I have included the free fonts because there was a txt and it said: “These fonts are freeware and can be distributed as long as they are together with this text file.” But as i wrote before, i have removed also changed to an another font. Made what they have wrote me, and then i’w got more “black words” than before… Im just thinking about if i do again everything, then the next rejection i will get 10 new “advises” C’mon… just look at this presentation. Is this really looks like a job wich is is does not ok here?

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
designburo says

Well, I’ve just announced to the staff I’m taking my images elsewhere. The images I put online were used in advertisements and are setup to be versatile. I’ve chosen Graphicriver to hold them online for me because of its low pricing. Giving others a ways to buy stockstuff for less money. Now it seems like one person is running GraphicRiver and judges images on if he (or she) likes them or not. When I dress up an image as requested I tag it and put it into a specific corner and that’s not the intention of the image. I’ve been doing this for over 20 years now and I’m not putting time in uploading an image, have it rejected, no explanation whatsoever and having to put even more time in talking to support to understand why it is rejected, just to get an answer I need to dress it up.

Good luck with your template and hope it works out for you!

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
+4 more

@designburo, then dress it up. If they tell you what you need to do to get it approved, why not just do it?

You reap what you sow.

@dekurvajo, you’re absolutely correct, some fonts are allowed to be redistributed, however it’s easier to avoid any copyright disputes (if, say, the license for the font changes) for both yourself, your item and Envato.

There is no need to change fonts – just include a .txt document in your download with a link telling the customer where he’she can download the font for themselves.

Keep at it, you’ll be accepted and the hard work will pay off.

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
designburo says

@quickandeasy Nop. The image is intended to be used in many ways. Stand-alone or small as an illustration or perhaps part of a larger image. For the price GraphicRiver is selling I am not going to put additional hours in an image just to meet the ok of the one judging it. If it was a paying client, sure, I’d spend all the time to the image as needed. The image rejected here has meanwhile been excepted elsewhere (trust me, not a 2nd rate site) and is on sale for 39 euro’s. For this image to be accepted on GraphicRiver I need to spend the extra hours to have an awesome image that most likely be sold for $4 to $6 dollars and is not going to sell as good as any of the other images, because its use will be limited.

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
+4 more

@Designburo – if you are selling your images on other websites, why are you an Exclusive author here?

& you don’t need to spend hours dressing it up, just make it look presentable, it takes a couple of minutes – and if you’re smart and set your PSD file up using smart objects, you can automate your process for all future files, which would also give you a better brand consistency ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by