552 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
OurWebMedia says

Hi Everyone,

I must say, this is a very unique website. I really like the way it has been designed, very easy to navigate and the colours are awesome!

And this Forum, unbelievable, I love it’s design! All around great website so far guys!!

My question: I’m relatively new to building website, I get the gist of it all but I cannot design something from scratch. I’m just not that talented yet – I will be one day though!!

Our daughter is 10 months old and when she 3 months old, she was diagnosed with a rare disease called Kawasaki. We created a website for her but doesn’t really capture the feeling I want for the website.

We are doing a lot of charity work around our local area to get some help with costs of medication and traveling expenses. Our daughter Natali, due to being misdiagnosed for over a month, is left with real bad results inside her.

She will require lots of medication and traveling over the next couple years to hopefully try and ensure her life.

I’m looking to build a website for her to help us keep friends and family updated on everything, as well a place for us to receive some donations from friends and family.

My wife, building her first website, built www.kdawareness.ca to try and raise personal awareness of the disease. She plans to start some projects to help get information about it out and other kids won’t need to go through the problems of being misdiagnosed.

I’m looking for someone who’d be willing to help us build a design, very child friendly and welcoming, pink and pastel colours. She is a girl :)

We don’t have very much money to spend, but quite a few people have pointed us to this website and told us to explain what we want here – maybe someone would be willing to help us at a reasonable price.

Hopefully, we want to have it complete by this Friday since we have an article going into the newspaper here explaining what Kawasaki is and thanking the people who have and continue to help us.

Wal-Mart here has been doing charity for us, they are selling “Support-A-Cause Bracelets” that are red and have Natali’s name on them. The support we are getting is incrediable and this is one way for us to be able to say thank you to everyone at once.

We appreciate your time :)

Sincerely, Bryce Wisekal

- I currently have Natali’s website closed for construction…. but her future link is babynatali.ca :) Thank you.

382 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
blabus says

I’m very sorry to hear about your daughter’s condition, but I really admire you working to raise awareness about the issue and educate others.

I may be able to help you out. What kind of functionality would you need for the site? (i.e. just basic informational, or more advanced features?) I’m kind of more of a design guy (though I know basic coding), but maybe it’d be cool to work with a coder on it for you.

552 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
OurWebMedia says

Hi,

I just went to press “Post Reply” on my previous reply and I lost it all. So here’s my second attempt and will make sure to copy it before pressing submit lol

Thank you so much for your response! With Natali’s website, we just want something simple, but welcoming and inviting. It’s a place where we can share Natali’s story and maybe her story will be able to help with others.

Kawasaki Disease is extremely rare and pretty much all our doctors locally had seen Natali at one point during her first month of being sick. No one recognized the symptoms and kept telling us everything was OK – When knew it wasn’t!

For a month she was misdiagnosed with common symptoms of fever and rash.

The site is to mainly focus on Natali, what she has gone through and where she’s heading. A documentation of sorts. Information about leading up to the days before being admitted, our stay in the hospital, the treatments used on her, photos, the medications… the risks… and the results.

It doesn’t have to be fantastic, but I’d like it to be eye catching – Something that makes someone sense this is a little girls website – a girl that could use a little help and support.

I will go in and open up her website now, its a wordpress website. I’d be willing to do anything really, but I thought wordpress would be best since its almost a journal anyways that we want to do. But open to ideas.

To see what we have now, go to www.babynatali.ca – It’s a template I picked from Wicked Wordpress Templates. It was colourful, but now I see it as too dark lol

Thanks a lot for your time in responding. I appreciate your interest.

Sincerely, Bryce Wisekal

by
by
by
by
by
by