• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
ClassRecords says

Hello everyone, we started our adventure here in Audiojungle in October and we are very happy since we are in the top new author list of October! But, after the good beginning, our sales stopped and we would like to understand how does it work.. Since our first song sold really fast, and since we had other songs almost ready, we put them online without waiting for long, and they didn’t sell.. So the question is: is it better to wait and put new songs once a week, to be noticed, instead of putting new songs all together? I will take your advices for future works since we love the songs we posted and don’t understand if it’s a problem of the songs themselves (maybe people simply don’t like them) or maybe a problem of correct timing to put them on sale. Thank you in advance,

Paolo and Lucio

888 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
jhunger says

Hey Paolo and Lucio,

Welcome to the Jungle, and congratulations on your immediate success! There’s been a lot of discussion on this topic, and many differing opinions. Here are a few things that I’ve experienced:

1. On AJ at least, a couple of my absolute favorite tracks have sold minimally, while my current all time best seller is one that I wasn’t as happy with and I thought would hardly get any sales. It could be that the better selling one just fits better with more video projects, perhaps because it doesn’t stand out on its own the way some of my favorites do. In any case, it’s been my experience that I’ll post a song that I think is going to go gangbusters and all I hear is crickets. Fortunately, the opposite has been true as well :)

2. I think a steady stream (say, once a week) is better than all at once. Others might have different opinions on that.

3. In my experience, sales are impacted far less by the initial exposure you get when posting than posting quality work, tagging it well, getting yourself exposure any way you can (especially if you can hook up with a VideoHive author – can’t stress this one enough), and overall just patiently building the best portfolio you can given your skills and tools.

4. AJ specific advice – take advantage of song packs. They are easy to make and offer better and longer term exposure than single songs.

Hope some of that is helpful. I’m sure others will be able to add or argue those points. Also, search past forum threads – this has come up a lot and there’s a lot of good advice out there.

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts
Threads Started
591 posts
  • Finland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
scoringaudiogeeks says

Jhunger has valid points so I can only think one thing to add.

- Don’t overlook audiologos and idents -those are also a good way to get sales and increasing customerbase.

240 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
ClassRecords says

Thank you guys for the quick replies, we will try to follow your advices and let’s hope people will like our tracks :-) Thanks again, Paolo

240 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
ClassRecords says

Sorry one more question.. What do you mean with hooking up with a videohive author? How does it work? Thank you!

888 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
jhunger says
Sead82 said
Sorry one more question.. What do you mean with hooking up with a videohive author? How does it work? Thank you!

A more accurate phrase would have been “collaborating with a VideoHive author.” “Hooking up” could be taken the wrong way, I suppose :).

Often times VideoHive authors will use watermarked AudioJungle files in their previews. This provides some extremely valuable cross marketing and in my experience can boost sales. Check out this link for more info:

http://notes.envato.com/authors/achieve-more-videohive-and-audiojungle-author-collaboration/
240 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
ClassRecords says

Thank you guys, it’s a very good advice! It would be nice to collaborate with a videohive author. Better than hooking up :-) We will try to follow your advice! Thanks again Paolo and Lucio

by
by
by
by
by
by