735 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
plastic3 says

Please do not be offended, but it’s terrible..These are funny badges, but they are not informative at all..please, return as it was before…

250 posts
  • Located in France
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
sfxstudio says

“i provided great contribution to our forum”so here a good one :
I respect and appreciate the work done, the idea and concept of a change in the design is good…......
But the result here is a bit OFF TOPIC !
it is the revival of the ’’WordArt’’ or ’’ClipArt’’ !!!!!!!!!
Please make it more simple, smaller with a real color code !
I mean, when you look at them you can’t make a real distinction between them
and you can determine what they look like, actually !!!
Damn, you’re breaking the best manager tool ever !!!
for buyer it’s just a way to have a bit of info from the author….of course
But for the authors…......
We sometimes joke about authors and their love of bagdes
But it is definitly the best way to motivate them, to set a goal to reach, all to increase the level and stay the best and maintain the momentum of this fantastic community !!!!!!
this is the basis of positive management !!!
So please try again !
Best regards
Steve

464 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
styleWish says

“i provided great contribution to our forum”so here a good one :
I respect and appreciate the work done, the idea and concept of a change in the design is good…......
But the result here is a bit OFF TOPIC !
it is the revival of the ’’WordArt’’ or ’’ClipArt’’ !!!!!!!!!
Please make it more simple, smaller with a real color code !
I mean, when you look at them you can’t make a real distinction between them
and you can determine what they look like, actually !!!
Damn, you’re breaking the best manager tool ever !!!
for buyer it’s just a way to have a bit of info from the author….of course
But for the authors…......
We sometimes joke about authors and their love of bagdes
But it is definitly the best way to motivate them, to set a goal to reach, all to increase the level and stay the best and maintain the momentum of this fantastic community !!!!!!
this is the basis of positive management !!!
So please try again !
Best regards
Steve

+1

250 posts
  • Located in France
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+4 more
sfxstudio says

By The Way :
Unfortunately your submission “New Badges Design” isn’t ready for Envato and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies. In order for submissions to be considered for our Branding they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our Branding and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. Please see our Knowledgebase for more information: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List
:D

43 posts
  • Located in Italy
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
chrisworks says

No offense, but I think it’s clear to everyone that the designer(s) designed these badges had no idea of what exactly icon design is and new trends are (e.g.: flat design). It’s also clear that Envato won’t restore the previous system (hope I’m wrong, but I think they won’t never admit their efforts on this enhancement were unproductive), even if the survey said “90% against”, no matter how good and reasonable are the reasons we adduce.

368 posts Design Innovation
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
designova says

Hey Guys,

Previously here we were just demonstrating our own idea about a possible badge design with no offense in mind. We value all the great efforts made by Kate and her design team at Envato. We surely understand that they have spent some good time to create these badges with such level of details (yeah, it is SVG too). But the design style should have been changed from the cartoon-like illustration to something minimal and clean, matching to the overall experience of marketplace websites. Also the badges should not distract viewers nor they grab whole un-necessary attention.

But we are sure that Envato Designers can create it better than this (also better than what we demonstrated here). If Envato takes this badge debate and suggestions as serious, it will make the marketplace websites look clean and non-cluttered by reworking current badges. Everything else on marketplace websites are Okay, so please do not let these badges distract it.

Expecting the best from Envato Design Team – you guys can do great things as ever :)
All the best if you are planning to change the current badges (decision is yours, we will surely follow whatever it is).

With Love,
Team Designova.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
C-You says

Design is point of view – sure. But is there nobody who knows about the words corporate and identity ? I think no.

Envato goes very professional in the last months and I think that is the fact why this marketplace for all of us becomes outstanding with the greatest community ever in the WEB. The change of the envato logos and the refreshed sites are very great.

And here I have the important questions to the designer team: Where is the line between the logos and the site design? There is no line … the badges has to be modern, clear and crisp with color code like many of us has described before with great examples of how it could be look.

On a big resolution I canĀ“t see whats displayed on the icons – cake looks like a rocket and all other are not tell me the right thing they should do. These icons still not work anymore and destroy the whole envato marketplaces – hope the designer team notice the big mistake for the future of envato. That are not only little images – badges are a very important thing for all of us – for authors and also for the buyer to find right items and authors in seconds by only have good badges.

Please change it completely to a modern style that meets the corporate identity of envato logos and style – thanks for reading this.

My 2 cents

197 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
tomislavn says

First of all, I haven’t really read all the comments in this thread, so I apologize if someone already said it before.

Wouldn’t it be better if you just flattened the old cool badges if they needed a redesign? Maybe some flat recoloring also, but in general keeping the same flavor? It would look ten times better in my opinion :/

159 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
starshade says

No offense, but I think it’s clear to everyone that the designer(s) designed these badges had no idea of what exactly icon design is and new trends are (e.g.: flat design). It’s also clear that Envato won’t restore the previous system (hope I’m wrong, but I think they won’t never admit their efforts on this enhancement were unproductive), even if the survey said “90% against”, no matter how good and reasonable are the reasons we adduce.

I kind of disagree with the first part(“had no idea of what exactly icon design is”).

I have been vocal and critic of the icon changes, however after looking at the icons in their natural size I think they are very well made… for 3-10 years old kids.

Seriously, these icons are perfect for inclusion in a kid’s book or something, they are funny, cartoonish and the young ones will definitely love them.

However with them resized so small for Envato marketplaces and forums they are terrible. Way too many details to fit in 32×32px.

And the most important issue comes now:

Who are your visitors of this marketplace ?

3 to 10 years old kids ? I would say no, it’s mostly adults looking to grow their online business. Again, we are talking about business here, not kids’ books.

Conclusion: good product(in it’s initial non resized form) designed for the wrong audience.

What is more terrible now is the designer’s replies here that suggest that she didn’t understand anything from 31 pages of discussions by replying with questions like the “icons are too big because they are bigger than the old ones ?” or explaining how great SVG is. Yes SVG is great but only when it’s used for the right product and unfortunately this is a good example for great technology used for the wrong end product(32×32 icons with too many details).

And on top if it, a big thumbs DOWN goes to Collis for accepting these…

Finally, if I would be a part of Envato leadership and have the right to decide about the design direction of Envato markets I would immediately take these off, put the old ones back into their place and add all these new ones to the asset library so that authors will have the chance to put them to good use in some nice templates and wordpress themes.

205 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

The old badges were way better then the new ones, this is what we believe. The new badges are confusing to understand, the level idea is a bad idea because difficult to understand what that means.

by
by
by
by
by
by