47 posts
  • Located in Belgium
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
rakinjakk says

I liked them in the beginning, but now that is gone. Too small, colors are all over the place and what annoys me the most is the hexagon backgrounds that don’t play nice with the grey background. No that’s not right: what annoys me the most is the paws.

I think this is a typical example of having an idea and not taking a few steps back during the process to ask the community. Why the community was not involved in beyond me.

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
715 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

The community should design the badges, and we should vote which design wins! My humble opinion as an author! :)

I’m with you :)

But for sure they are not going to listen to us.

192 posts
  • Located in Asia/Pacific Region
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
huykhong says

The community should design the badges, and we should vote which design wins! My humble opinion as an author! :)

+1

Just like we make competition before, do it, winner win it, marketplace pay for it and we happy for it

7791 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
doru says

33 pages of posts mostly against the new badges. Time for some philosophy.

I see what the staff wanted to do. Create a pleasant surprise for all the community during the birthday celebration.

Unfortunately the planning got wrong and we are in the situation where you go to someone with a present and then he just bash you on the head with your present repeating loudly that the present is crap and you are a bad person and should feel ashamed.

Except the insensible present receiver is the community.

I think we broke some feelings BUT I think we should pass on and laugh about this little incident. It happens.

What is important that from what I’ve understood the community is open to change the old badges.

264 posts
  • Located in France
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
sfxstudio says

33 pages of posts mostly against the new badges. Time for some philosophy.

I see what the staff wanted to do. Create a pleasant surprise for all the community during the birthday celebration.

Unfortunately the planning got wrong and we are in the situation where you go to someone with a present and then he just bash you on the head with your present repeating loudly that the present is crap and you are a bad person and should feel ashamed.

Except the insensible present receiver is the community.

I think we broke some feelings BUT I think we should pass on and laugh about this little incident. It happens.

What is important that from what I’ve understood the community is open to change the old badges.

Happy birthday anyway! :D

1588 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Yes but C&C is always welcome and among those hammer bashing we got some pretty good suggestions didn’t we?

Now statistically not a lot suggestions are used and if they are a lot of time has to pass. If this triggers a positive reaction fast I will be pleasantly surprised and will again get some confidence for the future, for now most of the new changes is not getting very well accepted, well at least from my point of view :)

I think as Envato learned to successfully ignore some threads which kind of hurts my feelings :P they should learn to accept some criticism along with that, to actually do something on it.

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

I think as Envato learned to successfully ignore some threads which kind of hurts my feelings :P they should learn to accept some criticism along with that, to actually do something on it.

I think they will go with “announce with lock thread” path for now:

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/release-install-theme-with-studio-button-on-downloads-page/139972
184 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
themac says

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/release-install-theme-with-studio-button-on-downloads-page/139972

thought the same 1 minute ago too :)

7791 posts
+4 more
doru says

thought the same 1 minute ago too :)

careful with that avatar of yours. you can’t use badges as avatars

Badges can only be provisioned by staff and are not to be used in any other way (for example: as part of an avatar).

from here, bottom of the page

http://videohive.net/community/badges
184 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
themac says

thanks for the hint

rgds

by