13 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+5 more
EmperorVFX says

They just don’t look special and collectible – therefore they fail the main purpose of being a badge.

50 posts On my way
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
ercn1903 says
186 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
enFusionThemes says

I personally believe the new icons does not go with the motto Envato Marketplaces promote which is to make “Quality” items.

The new badges are meaningless, it does not convey properly what they mean. The old badges were standard. I think a better option will be to revert back to old badges and make vector version of them so its crystal crisp and flow with the updated design

4670 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

I like the concept of the badges, very creative. I think when they were designed they looked good at large size – but they’re not practical at a smaller size. Overall I think the style is a little too cartoonist and a bit childish.

I was picturing the design style for Envato would be a very simple and flat style, which would port across well once the site becomes responsive. Simple yet clear icons and good use of colours would make the badges better. They could be more symbolic instead of trying to tell a story – less is more.

53 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
SUPER-8 says

Thanks Envato Team, I really appreciate the effort, but please bring back the old badges! :depressed:

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
pfcadammiller says

I am also a fan of the old badges. New badges seem a bit too cartoonish for me IMO.

6026 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I like the concept of the badges, very creative. I think when they were designed they looked good at large size – but they’re not practical at a smaller size.

Even from this perspective, it lacks some qualities. For example, We have more than a dozen badges but it doesn’t matter. What matters is how they made the widely used badges.

The “Buyer or purchased badge” is the one used by 1.5 Million+ active users and it isn’t creative as well as not looking well in big size, so from that perspective, its a total fail. I not only criticize the style/design but the concept itself:

\\

\\

4670 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

^ I think it’s all a marketing strategy – replace “buying” with “collecting” and it already makes you want to spend more money now that it has some sort of collectors status, I think that’s the idea. But that’s web 2.0 I guess :D The collector guy needs to standout more I guess so it looks better on small scale.

But if it was up to me I would CTRL + A, then DELETE.. and start again :P

34 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
-Steam- says

But if it was up to me I would CTRL + A, then DELETE.. and start again :P

HAHA :D

1741 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

I have been away nearly a week then coming back today and check the Marketplace but wait…what ? Is this badge fix officially implemented ? Because it’s hard to accept the truth that the old beautiful badge set was replaced by these badges…

This is a bad update. If Envato refuse to roll back then ANYONE, PLEASE make a plugin to revert the old badge set. I would use that immediately.

Miss my colored paws much…

by
by
by
by
by
by