156 posts
    Has referred more than 5000 members Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Semenov says

Dear Envato designer(s). There are so much usability and architecture issues here on marketpalces, but for some reason you don’t fix them, you just create new ones…

I don’t want talk about that it’s nearly impossible to find “Browse Categories” page, that very small group of users really need this kind of categories browser or that categories are structured not the best way.

I just want to give you some advices, that will maybe help you make this page a bit better:
  • Next category should be opened on mouse over with small delay to prevent accidental selecting another category. It’ll speed up finding items a lot.
  • Empty categories should be removed from this list, or grouped somehow if you really need to keep them.
  • It’s not obvious that clicking on item without arrow opens new page, things like this scare users.
  • As @cmt said, clickable should be all area of element, not just the text.
  • Add one more column and show in it at least three dynamicly loaded 80×80 item previews of selected category. Also, add browse more link near this column. It should help categories that have only 1-3 items at all.
1417 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says
Semenov said
Dear Envato designer(s). There are so much usability and architecture issues here on marketpalces, but for some reason you don’t fix them, you just create new ones…

I don’t want talk about that it’s nearly impossible to find “Browse Categories” page, that very small group of users really need this kind of categories browser or that categories are structured not the best way.

I just want to give you some advices, that will maybe help you make this page a bit better:
  • Next category should be opened on mouse over with small delay to prevent accidental selecting another category. It’ll speed up finding items a lot.
  • Empty categories should be removed from this list, or grouped somehow if you really need to keep them.
  • It’s not obvious that clicking on item without arrow opens new page, things like this scare users.
  • As @cmt said, clickable should be all area of element, not just the text.
  • Add one more column and show in it at least three dynamicly loaded 80×80 item previews of selected category. Also, add browse more link near this column. It should help categories that have only 1-3 items at all.

Good ideas, but I disagree with removing empty categories. Having the count next to the category tells you if there are items or not. But, I did notice that the ones that say “All” don’t have a count next to them. Why not?

435 posts butlerm.com
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
butlerm says
Semenov said
  • +1

413 posts
      Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
    +2 more
    altinkum says

yes but buddypress missing l think ;)

2116 posts
      Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
    +2 more
    Graphic-Studio says

Why not just something like this for the main navs?

\\

(Those item counts are made up!)

As it is now, sometimes it says 3 items, but only 1 shows up.

by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by