156 posts
  • Became a Top 20 Author of the Month
  • Had an item that was trending
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
+7 more
Semenov
says

Dear Envato designer(s). There are so much usability and architecture issues here on marketpalces, but for some reason you don’t fix them, you just create new ones…

I don’t want talk about that it’s nearly impossible to find “Browse Categories” page, that very small group of users really need this kind of categories browser or that categories are structured not the best way.

I just want to give you some advices, that will maybe help you make this page a bit better:
  • Next category should be opened on mouse over with small delay to prevent accidental selecting another category. It’ll speed up finding items a lot.
  • Empty categories should be removed from this list, or grouped somehow if you really need to keep them.
  • It’s not obvious that clicking on item without arrow opens new page, things like this scare users.
  • As @cmt said, clickable should be all area of element, not just the text.
  • Add one more column and show in it at least three dynamicly loaded 80×80 item previews of selected category. Also, add browse more link near this column. It should help categories that have only 1-3 items at all.
1795 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+4 more
plugindistrict
says
Semenov said
Dear Envato designer(s). There are so much usability and architecture issues here on marketpalces, but for some reason you don’t fix them, you just create new ones…

I don’t want talk about that it’s nearly impossible to find “Browse Categories” page, that very small group of users really need this kind of categories browser or that categories are structured not the best way.

I just want to give you some advices, that will maybe help you make this page a bit better:
  • Next category should be opened on mouse over with small delay to prevent accidental selecting another category. It’ll speed up finding items a lot.
  • Empty categories should be removed from this list, or grouped somehow if you really need to keep them.
  • It’s not obvious that clicking on item without arrow opens new page, things like this scare users.
  • As @cmt said, clickable should be all area of element, not just the text.
  • Add one more column and show in it at least three dynamicly loaded 80×80 item previews of selected category. Also, add browse more link near this column. It should help categories that have only 1-3 items at all.

Good ideas, but I disagree with removing empty categories. Having the count next to the category tells you if there are items or not. But, I did notice that the ones that say “All” don’t have a count next to them. Why not?

455 posts butlerm.com
  • Had an item that was trending
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
butlerm
says
Semenov said
  • +1

413 posts
    • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
    • Has referred 100+ members
    • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
    • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
    +2 more
    altinkum
    says

yes but buddypress missing l think ;)

2578 posts
    • Helps us moderate the forums
    • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
    • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
    +7 more
    Graphic-Studio
    says

Why not just something like this for the main navs?

\\

(Those item counts are made up!)

As it is now, sometimes it says 3 items, but only 1 shows up.

by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by