407 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
envato says

I’‘m pleased to announce the launch of our newest category on ThemeForest: email templates! If you happen to be in need of an email client friendly template for your business, we’ve got you covered! For $8 – $10 dollars, you can avoid the hassles of inline styles, email compatibility, and tables! Why rip your hair out when a ten dollar bill can solve the problem?

Click here to see full post: http://blog.themeforest.net/site-news/new-email-templates-category/

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

Awesome!!! I was waiting for this :)

93 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Alexhughes says
Awesome!!! I was waiting for this :)

SNAP !

380 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
celtathemes says

Great addition. This is the first time I see premium email templates.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Great news on the new category – but where do we find the directions for what is required for submissions? Do we have to test in a third party application to fully test – the current ones for sale certainly do not cover all major email clients.

I looked at the ‘read directions’ supplied link on the upload area for authors but see nothing – just generic instructions for uploading – looked in the wiki and it just says “a variety of email clients”

If you could let everyone know the specifications so more authors can contribute – including myself – thanks!

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says
Great news on the new category – but where do we find the directions for what is required for submissions? Do we have to test in a third party application to fully test – the current ones for sale certainly do not cover all major email clients.

I looked at the ‘read directions’ supplied link on the upload area for authors but see nothing – just generic instructions for uploading – looked in the wiki and it just says “a variety of email clients”

If you could let everyone know the specifications so more authors can contribute – including myself – thanks!

Heya Jonathan – I haven’t seen a definitive guide yet, but I used LitmusApp (http://litmusapp.com/), as well as MailChimp and CampaignMonitor to test out my two early products. This category is going to be a little harder than others simply because there are literally hundreds of email services out there (in addition to the browser combination complications) – but using that combination of testing/validation services, I think you’ll cover most of your basic requirements. I also highly recommend the following resources that I was reading during my own research (which I’d be happy to write a blog post about):

NetTuts Article on HTML Email Tips
How to Create/Send HTML Mail
MailChimp Articles and Resources.
AddMe Intro to HTML Mail

217 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
CreativeStable says

awesome… I freaking HATE making email templates, but for some reason I always have to do them at my job lol.. we use campaign monitor which rocks my socks off.

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says
awesome… I freaking HATE making email templates, but for some reason I always have to do them at my job lol.. we use campaign monitor which rocks my socks off.

Yep – most people buying these templates are going to be using MailChimp or CampaignMonitor (the two big HTML mail services right now), so it’s probably best to test out whatever template you might want to submit through them to see what it’ll look like from the buyer’s perspective.

There’s a lot of funky little tricks and tips that you are specific to HTML Email Templates that you need to be aware of (like how you really really really should use tables for layout inside an email template, not CSS ) – That’s not to scare any authors off or anything though – it doesn’t take more than a day or two to get your head around the do’s and don’t’s.

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

@jonathan – We don’t require compliance across all email clients. That would be nearly impossible; however, you should strive to compensate for a handful of the moment comment clients (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)

As far as testing, you should do the same amount of testing that you do for the other categories. Litmusapp is wonderful (and is what we use when reviewing), but there are also a handful of other free services that should help too.

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

Definitely contemplating on putting together a few email templates, Campaign Monitor’s testing doesn’t seem to bad at $5 a pop. Litmusapp looks great but a little steep at $49 a month for 19 email clients.

Anyone else have any other good sites for email testing?

by
by
by
by
by
by