Oh, thanks for such great news
Thanks, great news!
- Author was Featured
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Exclusive Author
Hopefully someone can enlighten me, please.
The reasons for these lower ratings were varied but most commonly it was about a perception of “poor support” (even though support is not mandatory) or bugs with an item.
If we already know what are the reasons, what’s the point of the review? what can be improved in the item if there’s a perception of “poor support”?
A review will be mandatory for ratings of 3, 2 and 1 and optional for 4 and 5. For the 4 and 5 star ratings, a buyer will be allowed to “quick rate” an item without a review so authors can see this positive feedback too.
A 4 stars rating implies that something is wrong or not perfect. If the purpose of the review is to help authors to improve their items, why no mandatory review for 4 stars rating? A 4 stars rating tells that the item can be improved, but we cannot know it… am I missing something here?
What will happen with old low ratings? If nothing, are we getting a list of the buyers and their ratings at least?
Oh, this is the most beautiful announcement besides IE8 compliance.
Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work
AlumoAudio saidI agree with this. Buyers can completely preview our work before buying. Still we sometimes get 1 star ratings. Often the files are the cheapest in the portfolio. It truly looks like malicious behavior.
Thanks for the update Stewart, this is easily some of the best news I’ve heard in a while Also, are there any future developments regarding the rating of audio items? One of the biggest issues with ratings over on AudioJungle is that the item is fully preview-able/downloadable before purchase, so naturally ratings seem a bit arbitrary, and can do more damage than good in some cases. Just wondered if there had been any discussion on this?
I’d really like to see ratings removed from AJ.
And I would like to place one mark – Great (“Like” analog). A dont know what is 3 or 4 stars… I really dont know what does it meant 2 star item. It’s is uninformative. But I really know five stars is good. And also I would like to remove bad marks. Since there is review accept system on GRAPHICRIVER nobody can set 1 star. This means customers impugn Graphicriver reviewers expierience, Though it is an ordinary buyer inattention to the requirements and descriptions or lack of knowledge in most cases. So,
1. One mark – “This item is Great!” Just Pick Great (Cool) if you very like item! 2. No 1 stars, since review queue is long, and there is even rejecting here. Nobody can impugn Graphicriver reviewers authority and competence.
Threre is my thought as customer and author.
PS: Dont even tell me “thanks” or “good” just pay me for the ideas. It is not free. They are expencive but you have enough.
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred between 100 and 199 users
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
Right on, man!
This is awesome and long awaited news! We are happy to finally have this feature and we also have to +1 the suggestions made by other authors.
1. The reviews must be public! Other buyers must see what was the reason behind the rating and surely not everyone will agree with the reason which they see.
2. The 4 star rating should also have a mandatory review. If a buyer rates an item as 4 stars it means that he is unhappy with something, but we would not know with what exactly.
3. It would be really great to have the option to flag ridiculous reviews.
Sounds like a great idea!