Yes! Finally! :)

1461 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

We have been told for years that the shopping cart is the “next” big project. Header changes, rating changes and background color changes are just some recent projects that should have waited… do they really take precedence over the shopping cart?

Just do it and stop focusing on smaller “easier” tasks that have little affect on sales.

7581 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Imagine there’s a new theme, I purchase it, it’s plenty of bugs, I complain then rate it 1 then purchase a different theme, but 1 week later the author makes an update and solves the bugs, I’m personally not going to remember to go back on the previous theme because I would be using a different one)

new themes full of bugs should not even exist. (I’m not implying they exist, I’m just building upon your case) There is a review system in place that have the purpose of not letting this happen. But if this still happens then customers should get really angry towards envato along with the author that created that theme because the responsibility is shared in this case.

Off course, with new versions of wordpress some old themes may become unstable and need to be fixed. envato has no fault in this, except maybe a more strict update enforcing if an old broken theme is detected. This is a different scenario than the above. New themes need to work.

35 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Bulgaria
CodeBrewery says

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, because I didn’t read all pages of this thread, but would reviews be required for re-rating an item too?

Don’t get me wrong, initially I was a very happy panda when I saw this thread. However, tonight (I guess, because it wasn’t there before I went to bed) one of my buyers has changed their 5-star rating to a 3-star, without any comment, support request, e-mail, or anything. So this got me thinking, will reviews be required from buyers in such cases too? Not that I’d be happy to receive something pointless like “Because it stopped working.” or just a dot ”.” as the review message, but still. In that regard – Stewart and team, please make sure the reviews can’t be shorter than X/Y/Z chars.

Oh, and what about reporting a review/rating? Sure, we (authors) all want a flawless rating, or as near as possible for that matter, but we are aware that pleasing everyone isn’t realistic. Without doubt, however, there are buyers who have a wrong perception of what an item does, or a wrong expectation of what the author’s job is (free customizations, I’m looking at you!). I do think we’d need some form of “protection” in such cases.

Finally, will authors be able to contact a buyer who has left them a review? For example, receiving a review like “Fix your goddamn item” won’t tell me much about the problem the buyer has had; so even if I genuinely want to help him/her, I can’t because 1. they didn’t mention what was wrong with my item, and 2. I can’t contact them to see if it isn’t something on their end (which most often it is). On the other hand, I’m sure buyers who leave a message in their anger will ALWAYS choose the option which gives them the highest anonymity. I am also aware of the fact that allowing authors to contact reviewing users can give a weapon in the hands of authors who can start blackmailing them, for example. Punishing such authors in a certain way is one way of dealing with this, but I say why give them this power at all if this is the expected result.

Not sure if this has been discussed here before, but can’t we have a reviews moderator (not sure who would that be, tbh) who will contact buyers who have left pointless “reviews” and inform them that if they didn’t provide a serious explanation of why they are unhappy with the item, their rating would be removed/ignored? I guess this would be too much of a hassle for something which isn’t worth it, but then again, it may inspire somebody to give a better suggestion. Hopefully!

Cheers,
Ivelin

P.S. If any of these questions have been answered in some previous pages, I’d appreciate a link to the post which does so. Thanks!

7581 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

P.S. If any of these questions have been answered in some previous pages, I’d appreciate a link to the post which does so. Thanks!

:) what about read the whole thread?

592 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Ghana
IsaacA says

:) what about read the whole thread?

The whole thread has become a book :)

484 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iHelp says

WOW

Fantastic!!

61 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+3 more
egotype Envato team says

Sounds great. Good ratings are more than important. ;)

194 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ArashFarivar says

wow :) is this a dream?

by
by
by
by